Looking for film ideas that would never happen?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by chazzo, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

ATM, anything that isn't about a superhero or part of a franchise dating back to the stone age. :)

doggiedude likes this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Yeeowwch!! :supercool:
    ANYWAY, forget I said that. ;)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  3. mg357

mg357 Active Member

I have one In 1996 their was this action/adventure movie titled eraser it started Arnold Schwarzenegger and Vaness Williams he was a U.S. Marshal she was a Doctor or scientist his mission was to keep her alive long enough to testify against some bad guys who were selling weapons to bad guys on the black market.

Never in a million years would Hollywood Make a new version of the film with a Woman as the U.S. Marshal character, and a Male character who would portray the doctor or scientist.

4. Oscar Leigh

I don't know about that. They remade Ghost Busters with women just for the feminism cred. They could do it with that. There are some slimy directors and producers who'll try to use good ideals to suck up money. But the key is to see how pointless it is. The remake doesn't seem to add much. Oh, except racial diversity as well. How convenient. Plus, it looks a bit bad.

mg357 likes this.
  5. IlaridaArch

IlaridaArch Active Member

Oh god the new Ghostbusters, I was shocked after watching the trailer. Like that scene, where the black lady slaps her friend and ghost goes away, and for some awkward reason she hits again while yelling "power of (something) compels youuu". So cringey!

They make this stuff to be "politically correct", but I found that character to be the most shallow and ridicilous concept ever. Overweight black lady, who does ghetto screaming all the time. Yeah, must have taken days to come up with this character...

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  6. Oscar Leigh

Strange that those who go all politically correct end up undermining their own values by promoting stereotypes, and judging society based on groups of small practical meaning. Maybe civil rights activists should be more interested with actual problems, particularly those in countries like Iran rather than worry about oversensitive ideas about inclusiveness and go around demonizing stereotypes? Huh, it's a strange thought.

IlaridaArch and Sack-a-Doo! like this.
  7. SadStories

SadStories Active Member

I always wondered why there wasn't a movie about Socrates's trial. I think it would make a great movie. Apparently North American investors are deathly afraid of everything philosophy though. Which is why they changed Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. So I guess any movie about philosophy or philosophers would be fairly unlikely to come out of Hollywood, unless your name is Richard Linklater, I guess, and you've made investors lots of money already making one off-beat low-budget movie after the other. They might even let you do it as an ugly cartoon then.

chazzo, Sack-a-Doo! and Oscar Leigh like this.
  8. Oscar Leigh

That doesn't look ugly. And yeah, I love history, Socrates trial would be awesome. Especially the bit where he said "you are all a bunch of idiots." Man had balls, I tell you. Call it impractical, if you will, given it's results. But he certainly used them to dramatic effect.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    SadStories likes this.
  9. SadStories

SadStories Active Member

Yeah, lol, it's not that bad at all. I was channeling my inner close-minded movie producer. I do have to admit I'm probably not the biggest fan of rotoscoped movies though. They make me kind of nauseous ... It kind of suits that particular movie though, because it's so dreamlike. And yeah, Socrates is awesome! Someone really great would have to play him, lol.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  10. Oscar Leigh

Sir Anthony Hopkins? He was an old man. And there's a tradition of British actors playing Greek and Roman characters, partially because of Shakespeare. So he's a feasible choice. Or alternatively, does anyone know any actual Greek actors? Sadly they don't seem to make much of an impact elsewhere so I don't know any.

SadStories likes this.
  11. LostThePlot

LostThePlot Naysmith Contributor

There's plenty of Greek actors out there but their careers suffer from speaking Greek. Even if your audience is the size of India or China that won't make you famous abroad unless you work in English. Of particular note is that while English isn't spoke by everyone enough people speak it that English language movies can be distributed everywhere so it's even worse for non-English speakers.

Personally I don't see what making a Socrates film Greek language really adds, anymore than a Viking movie in Icelandic.

12. Oscar Leigh

I didn't say Greek language. Just actual Greek actors. They can do their lines in English. It's like how Ben Kingsley does English language films, but he played Gandhi because he has close Indian background so he's got the facial structure and stuff. And he's a great actor.

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

Yeah, watched Ender's Game last night. Couldn't understand why his Mazer Rackham had facial tattoos because of his Maori past, but spoke with a South African accent.

14. Oscar Leigh

I think it was a New Zealand accent. Or at least it should have been.

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

I agree. Should have been.

16. Stylo

Stylo New Member

Well there's

Mel Gibson

The Dam

Summer

17. NomNomKing123

NomNomKing123 New Member

A World War II era movie where the main character is a Nazi soldier who eventually dies saving Adolf Hitler from assassination.

Sack-a-Doo! and Oscar Leigh like this.
  18. Oscar Leigh

I could imagine someone doing that. If it wasn't about making the Nazi's seem like "the good guys". Because there were actual assassination plots.

19. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Look Who's Back on Netflix. ;)

It's not the same plot you describe, but it's got Hitler in it. Somehow transported to the modern world, he becomes a national phenomenon all over again.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Oscar Leigh likes this.
  20. Samuel Lighton

Samuel Lighton Senior Member

A jelly monster assaults the trifle king, only to find out that the real nemesis is a French chef and his hungry waiting list of customers.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Oscar Leigh likes this.
  21. Oscar Leigh

Oh my god, thank you for informing me of this! I might not be able to watch for fear of painful cringing, I'm super-duper sensitive to embarassing TV/movies/comics, but I will definitely try!

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.