1. CruelIrony

CruelIrony Member

Messaging multiple reviewers

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by CruelIrony, Jan 16, 2008.

I am curious, is it considered inappropriate here to message multiple reviewers to come and take a look at your story? I wasn't sure about it, so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks. :)

2. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Um.. depends. I mean, that's what reviewers are for. But if you are continuously requesting a review of your work, and your work is a 500 page story then I would say a tiny inappropriate, but say you send a reviewer a pm asking if they can review a couple of pages out of said 500 pg story, then go for it. It's what they are here to do. So send them a PM asking for help, just don't go overboard stalker type with it and I'm sure they would love to help out :)

Hope that moderatly helped..... :D

3. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Yep, that was a good summation DOZ.

You can send us PMs requesting reviews whenever you like. So that means more than once a week if you wish. As long as you don't seriously abuse the system there's no problem.

Oh, and people commonly send a request to multiple reviewers - also not a problem.

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Also one thing that I would like to add is that us reviewers are NOT editors!

All we are hear to do is offer you some constructive feedback (critique) on your work.

Thank you
    Torana

5. Raven

Raven Banned

All reviewers are seen as Mentors and will help you were they can. But to echoe Bluemouth Just don't abuse the system.

When you recieve your review if your un-happy with it explain why politly and any disagreements politly.

We all must remember that the reviewers are taking their time to read and then other advice on your work.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The other part to remember is that Reviewers receive a lot of requests, and also are trying to review pieces without specific requests. So going to multiple reveiers on a regular basis is a little like returning several times to a free sample table. It isn't specifically wrong, but it can mean other people wanting a single sample are left waiting.

So the guideline I would suggest is to be considerate, and patient. Also, don't be offended if the reviewer responds by saying that it appears you have several responses already, and that the reviewer doesn't have a lot to add to what has already been said.

7. CruelIrony

CruelIrony Member

OK, thanks guys. :)