Lost in my own story with no one to talk to.

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by MaryMO, Nov 6, 2014.

1. MaryMO

MaryMO New Member

@VioletScented. This is the idea and story I started over 3 years ago. I brought it out again sometime in August or September, I'm not exactly sure when. I have other stories I've started on too, but they took a back seat to my characters insistence in the one I'm currently working on.

I do realize how large of a project this novel and those that will follow is to someone who is just starting out. But if I don't keep working and trying to build it, then what's the point?
    My husband said to me one day "Mary, if you're going to do this then start with your best work forward."
    I know he wasn't the one who originally quoted that, but I remembered hearing it before.

It may sound too hopeful on my part, but I truly believe my idea has real potential. Don't get me wrong, I expect to be shot down, even laughed at for my work when I'm done. I also know, the idea of a new world, myth and other mythological beings thrown together isn't that original. Not to say that anyone here is criticizing or judging me either.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I hear all your warnings, I understand what you're trying to express. I've done my research on publishing to the extent where I started getting intimidated. Only to find myself even more worried and frustrated then I already was. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to back out, doubting my writing abilities. So I vowed to myself that I will not look into it further until I'm done.

I am proud to inform anyone interested that I have at least gotten as far as completing Chapter 6. I still have a long way to go to complete the entire novel, but try I will until the very end.

Thank you everyone and good luck to all your writing endeavors! And in the words of today's society, Peace, I'm out!:rofl: Ha, this forum just seems so serious to me all the time. But to each their own, I guess.