1. Michael O

Michael O Member

[B]The Hops have been Emancipated in Alabama![/B]

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Michael O, May 20, 2013.

May 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM, the bill was signed into law and home-brewing became legal in Alabama. Now all the God-fearing folks there are up-in-arms. Their children and neighbors will now be able to drink home brewed Bama-Beer....Right!

That's what I would have wanted at 17. No need to drive to the county-line liquor store willing to sell to ice cold beer in goose-neck bottles by the case to under-aged kids when home-brew could have been poured out of a five-gallon bucket like a warm glass of cloudy piss.

The number of recognized religions in the US is ~ 1200 and I'm not sure if any understand that beer is proof God wants us to be happy. Maybe that's something to think about, a microbrewery church with all the blessings of a tax-free organization. The Church of the Hallelujah Hops? A place with plenty of a-singing and a-dancing and a happy-hour sermon or until the kegs are empty? Amen brother Ben! BYO-Mug.

Free at last! Thank God! The hops are free at last!

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I am a staunchly stout atheist, Michael, but start that church and I would happily convert. ;)

3. Michael O

Michael O Member

You're a stout man? Yeah baby!

We at The Church of the Hallelujah Hops will use the power of the Lord to brew-um! Fraid I'd have to argue against that false belief you carry as an unholy heathen. You'd pump that frigging keg until you saw the light cause God lives in stout beer brother-man! The light would come to you and tears would flow down your leg.

4. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

I can't decipher half the shit you say, and being a Deep Southerner myself (but from the other side of the Mississippi), you can take that how you want; however, that has got to be the funniest line I have read in weeks.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hard to imagine a state where homebrewing was illegal. With the federal limits on personal production, and the time to ferment and age a batch, it's hardly a threat to sobriety, unless you happen to be in a dry county.

Can't beat a good homebrew!

6. squishytheduck

squishytheduck New Member

Werd. It's difficult to do well, so all the more power to you.

7. Michael O

Michael O Member

You wrote it. I read it and understand. I take it as helpful.

No worries, you just hit the nail on the head with a hammer. It's when that hammer misses and gets the thumb!

Now....With all seriousness aside, let us practice deciphering:)

Okay, comfortable. Just read it very slowly.....Comfortable

What's the message? Read it again only slower, almost singing each syllable.

Come for the bull? Really...Now how hard was that?

We ought to communicate more often and make fun of all those raging- caging Woodrow Boudreauxs living in Louisiana. They're the only ones beneath us:)

8. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I recently brewed some pumpkin ale (it was supposed to be for Halloween, but I procrastinated), and it turned out pretty good. I remember my very first brew from last year. It was mediocre. Not hoppy enough.

Michael, do you live in Alabama?

9. squishytheduck

squishytheduck New Member

O Michael, for the love of huge manatee...