1. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

Lost privileges during post [writing workshop]

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Okon, Nov 21, 2013.

I started a thread in the Novels section of the workshop and previewed it twice. On the third preview, it said that I did not have permission to post in the forum. I went back to the main page and there is now no option to create a new thread.

I'm pretty sure I meet the requirements, so I'm not sure why my privileges were taken away mid-post. Just wondering what's up, and if there's a way one of the magical mods can find a way to solve it. Thank you.

Edit: Here's the error:

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

2. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

It's not just you, @Okon. I don't think a lack of privilege has anything to do with it.

This has been happening to me me regularly. When I initially went to post in the workshop, I got the same message. I tried on several occasions but eventually got it posted. The second time, same deal. It's a bit frustrating... even when the message box comes up, it can still go pair-shaped whenever I hit the 'post reply' button. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it, but persistance does seem to open up small windows of opportunity.

Okon likes this.
  3. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

Thank you, Obsidian. I tried submitting again just after reading your post and it worked!:eek:

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  4. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

@Okon Like I said... no rhyme nor reason. ;) I have a touch (well, a lot) of performance anxiety, and this really doesn't help. I have everything good to go, take a deep breath, go to press 'new post' button, only to be told that I can't. Agggh!

Still, glad you got to make your post.