1. XKnightOfBloodHavenX

XKnightOfBloodHavenX New Member

Johannesburg, South Africa BUT i'm in Salt Lake Ci

Love is Sincerity

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by XKnightOfBloodHavenX, Jun 24, 2009.

I am the kind of girl that would love to run around on the beach in flip flops, little dress, and a flower in my long wavy hair. I'm a shy respectably quiet person and I'm always smiling, even if I get insulted. I am patient and kind, but I also have a dark side... I am a white South African woman, headstrong, a leader when I need to be. I never start a task I can't finish. Dedicated, honest, and 100% faithful to my imagination. At the mere age of 20; my mind is uncontrollably drawn to the written word. If thoughts were as green as grass, my eyes are a reflection of the million of emerald strands penetrating my spongy dripping brain. AH! If only I wasn’t insane enough to post on a forum about a love so pure.

Six books to be published, and one on its way, I’m feeling my destiny unwind quickly and fruitfully.

A science fiction writer by habit, and a novelist by future career, I hope to meet some awesome people on this forum. Hello and thank you.

"Love is sincerity wrapped around a four letter word and tossed around by every young fool. It took me a long time to find out what it felt like and differentiate it from a man’s lust." -XKnightOfBloodHaven

(Green eyes, blonde hair, loves to laugh, what else could be better?):D A happy smile for the newbie?

2. TheHedgehog

TheHedgehog Contributor Contributor

Your requested smile: :]

Well, madame, you seem unsually chipper. I think we'll get along just fine. I'm Greg, and it's truly a pleasure to meet you. Is there any nickname I could call you by? KnighOfBloodHaven is a tad long. It's always nice to cross paths with a person who "believes in believing the things that we don't see" (- Passion Pit), and an advocate of the imagination.

Welcome to the Forums.

3. XKnightOfBloodHavenX

Tonight I am unusually chipper. :p It's sort of my natural mind set. Since my real name is French and hard to pronounce without it sounding like cloud or chloe or even cho-nee, my friends call me Shay :) 0_o i like the passion pit :D

Thank you Greg for the smile and the acceptance. Huge cheesy smile over here :D

4. TheHedgehog

TheHedgehog Contributor Contributor

No problem! I'll see you around. :D

5. XKnightOfBloodHavenX

Ditto my new friend, Ditto.
    ;)

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Knight, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

I get a dark side too. It usually means I didn't turn over enough in the sun.

Posting your own work should not be among the very first things you do here. It is worth taking the time to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize constructive critique as a vital writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). Also, please use the same thread for all revisions and additional excerpts from the same piece of writing. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

7. XKnightOfBloodHavenX

Thank you Cogito (hopefully I spelt that right:confused:). I will do so.