1. Daybreak

Daybreak New Member

Greetings from Denmark

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Daybreak, Mar 25, 2016.

Hello. I’ve decided to start working towards becoming an English writer, slowly. Starting out with short stories, maybe poetry for then to move unto novels. At some later point I’ll be interested to write/make a pc game: Probably a Visual Novel or perhaps some kind of “walking simulator”, in order to explore and advance interactivity within that medium to new heights, or just to have a new playing field.

I have a Master’s Degree in Philosophy (& theory of science) and Psychology from Roskilde University (RUC) in Denmark. At the moment I am unemployed. I am fond of philosophers who wrote fiction, in various degrees, like Kierkegaard, Sartre, Plato and Nietzsche. Other authors I’ve been especially fond of are Hermann Hesse and Stanisław Lem. Somewhat recently I really loved the "story" in the following PC game “The old city: Leviathan”, even if it didn’t use or explore the interactivity aspect of games.

I am attracted to Science Fiction though probably not Hard Science Fiction. I also like fantasy, though overall more so when I was younger and have grown a bit tired of it - as such. For now, I think I’ll just work towards exploring different genres through short stories, in relation to writing.

Take care.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Daybreak, and welcome to the forum!

So you write in English? Or both in Danish and English? If you're into writing short stories, we have short story contests here. At the very least it's good practice. ;)

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you started.

See you around!

-Kat

3. Daybreak

Daybreak New Member

Thanks Kat:). Neat avatar.

I plan to mainly write in English I have decided upon. To hone my writing skills in that language at the expense of my Danish writing skills. And I don't write often but hopefully that'll change. The writing contests look interesting and very fruitful.

KaTrian likes this.