1. Michael Shaw

Michael Shaw New Member

Lulu will not give me the ISBN they promised

Discussion in 'Print on Demand' started by Michael Shaw, Jun 10, 2013.

Hey everyone,

This is more of a technical question than a general one on publishing, but if any of you have ever tried to publish using Lulu, then you may be able to help me out.

I recently published a book through Lulu, but at the time, I did not assign as ISBN to it, not feeling the need for it yet. I would at least be able to sell the novel on Lulu's site, and that was fine with me. Now, though, I am ready to publish it to other sites like Amazon. Lulu allows me to do this, saying that if I make a revision to the novel and click "add an ISBN" that it can give me a free ISBN which would allow me to publish to Amazon. When I click this, though, it gives me a red message saying "ISBN not yet available."

I've searched on the internet for solutions but found no solutions. Has anyone else experienced the problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

have you asked lulu about it?

3. Krishan

Krishan Active Member

Lulu support would probably be more helpful. I've glanced at some of their help pages, and it would seem that there are a couple of things that might be an issue. In order to get a "free" ISBN, you need to purchase a distribution package. Have you done this? Your book must also be suitable for distribition - the right size and format.

I'd be interested to know what the issue was, as and when you get it resolved.