1. Ubrechor

Ubrechor Active Member

Describe The Voice Of The Previous Poster

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Ubrechor, Nov 3, 2013.

A pretty self-explanatory post, this one... The idea is simple: you must use the very extent of your abilities as a wordsmith to describe the voice of the previous commenter in this thread.

Imagine that this thread is an oral conversation, and the previous poster has verbalised their comment. How did they say it? How would you describe their voice, tone, inflection, rhythm?

Don't be constrained by what they say - use your imagination!
    After all, someone saying "good day to you, sir" could be interpreted as cordial and charming, or chilling and deceitful.

I have begun the thread. Now someone else must continue it. Describe my voice!

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ok. Heavy use of italics and underlining tells me it matters to you that your words be read/heard without confusion or muddliness. This leads me to hear a diction that is decidedly RP and crisp, medium in tone, educated but not overtly posh. No W's for R's or anything. :)

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Wreybies' post: I hear a rather fast but matter-of-fact tone, authoritative and somewhat British. Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes comes to mind.

I suppose I should extend this post a little so as to give the next person more to go on. I hope this (this, right here) is sufficient.

4. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

@minstrel Another decidedly British person, portly and jolly but this time a thespian with a penchant for the Shakesperean era. Take a seat Dear Sir in your deep soft chair and read for the children by your feet. Oh how they love such stories by the hearth beyond which roars a blazing fire dancing from crackling logs. JR Hartley I do believe...

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  5. The Byzantine Bandit

The Byzantine Bandit New Member

Also possibly a Brit. "Take a seat..." was probably done with a slightly mocking tone in Queen's English. You seem to be a poet by nature.

erebh likes this.
  6. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

Eh, probably someone with a laid back tone of voice with a extended vocabulary.

7. wade-newb

wade-newb Member

The voice of an aloof American; collected, casual, and pragmatic.

8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Knowing whence you hail, I hear a clipped and precise Afrikaner accent that to the ear of a Yank (well, sorta') is an intriguing melange of Dutch and, for whatever reason, Australian. I think you are perhaps not too old, so I also hear a smooth casualness so comfortable on the tongue of young folk. ;)