Male/female?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by StormWarrior, Aug 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Talako

Talako Member

That's pretty hard to answer. I'll give you a typical lawyer answer, "it depends."

2. Fluxhavok

Fluxhavok Active Member

put it like this, guys with girl friends, are either cowards who were too scared to make a move and ended up in the friend zone, some guy who did make a move, bombed, and ended up in the friend zone. Or some guy with a girlfriend who also likes you, but not enough to cheat on his girl... these guys usually end up in the friend zone. Anyway, i'm not saying that these guys will always want to be with you, you'll probably end up being just a friend to them too. but they started out liking you. plus guy/girl relationships are different... for men at least. there's always some weird sexual tension when you're alone... unless she's not pleasant to look at... oh yeah, chicks that are really cool, but also really ugly can are another reason guys can be friend with girls.

your welcome for solving your problem.

1 person likes this.
  3. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

That works.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Guys are incapable of thinking any other way and have admitted as much so we shouldn't feel guilty about using their weakness to our own advantage.:D

5. Talako

Talako Member

There are names for girls like that. :)

6. Kratos

Kratos New Member

This is so true.

7. then she said

then she said New Member

guys are so complicated.

8. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

I'm sorry to take this even more off topic, but I just had to share this e-mail I got at work.

WHY MEN ARE NEVER DEPRESSED

Men Are Just Happier People-- What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can be President. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time.

Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.

Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.

You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.

No wonder men are happier.

Send this to the women who can handle it, and to the men who will enjoy reading it.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kratos

Kratos New Member

*Laughs* Guys are complicated? You girls don't know how complicated you are. I know girls who understand guys, but no guy on the face of earth will ever understand girls.

Oh, and that email is hilarious. :D

10. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Names guys make up from out of a sense of embarrassment that they allowed themselves to be led around by their ... :eek:uh... nose.:D

CDRW - I'm sending that to everybody I know! It was the funniest and truest thing I've read in a long time. :D But I'll have to get with some of the girl power on this forum and see if we can write one of our own.

11. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Umm..

Flux made that very complicated...

it's simple.. .your guy friends all want to do you.

If given the chance they would do you.

But something it holding them back - What that is, can vary.

As Flux explained.

But everyone of them is "Into you" so don' task them personal questions.. they will LIE... because they want you like them. because they are into you...

It's all very simple.

Now, go ask the old men that want to tell you about the price of bread when they were your age.

12. Fluxhavok

Fluxhavok Active Member

old guys probably want to do you too

13. Carthonn

Carthonn Active Member

When reading this what came to my mind was J.J. Abrams. His MCs are usually women. Do they come off as masculine? I personally don't think so. Some could argue that they do but he does give us enough reasons why they may act that way. Also, he does use secondary characters who act the complete opposite of the MC which seems to enforce the MC. An example of this I would say is Kate v. Shannon.

14. Fluxhavok

Fluxhavok Active Member

who's shannon? was that that short-lived chick that liked hurley?

15. Ungood

Ungood New Member

Yah.. got me there..

16. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Um...there are other relationships between male and female, too. Like siblings or comrades-in-arms (akin to being siblings). Your female MC doesn't have to fall in love with anyone. She could be a b**** on wheels if you wanted although that's not too much fun. There is also the possibility of a huge age gap between characters, making advances less likely (not eliminating them, but less likely).

I think you're over-analyzing a bit. Just write the story.

17. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

I agree. Put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard and get the process of creation going. You can talk about it til the cows come home, getting bogged down in over analysis, yet you're no further along your road. Discard distractions and get writing. If it doesn't work, start again. If that fails, continue on with another effort. Each one, mistakes and all, will bring you closer to your objective.

18. Carthonn

Carthonn Active Member

No I think that was Liby. Shannon was the Boone's sister. Shannon was pretty much a brat. I don't want to get into too much detail in case someone is watching the show for the first time.