1. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Ready for Heroes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kratos, Sep 21, 2008.

Heroes season 3 starts tomorrow, and I'm really excited. The first season was amazing, the second, not as much but still good. I have high hopes for season 3.

I'm also excited about House season 5, which I like just about as much as Heroes. I'm also getting into Lost, which I'm watching online. Just finished episode 9, and its great so far.

Anybody else excited? Any thoughts?

2. Jade

Jade Active Member

Ahh... I can't wait. I'm going to recap what happened at the end of last season - I can barely remember. I won't ask in case I spoil it for any poor souls who have not yet watched the second season :p

I'm not sure when it's on in the UK though... anyone know?

3. Kratos

Kratos New Member

October 1st.

4. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I cant say i ever really got the chance to sit down and watch heroes, but for what i saw it looked different... few of my friends enjoyed it (during season one, they talked about it often). I dont remember season 2 hitting our shores, totally missed it.

I remember reading somewhere (though i dont think it actually happened) that there was supposed to be a run-off series (only one season) where it was about a bunch of different characters created by fans (and their own ideas) and apperently there was to be a vote after it aired and some of the new characters from that would appear on the main series...though i believe this never happened (and the article was just rumour bs)? maybe it was another show.... i was excited with the idea i must admit.

Lost - loved series 1 and two, than half way though series 3 i missed an episode or three and im the kind of person, where if i fall behind i dont catch up...sadly

House - love watching it if i catch it, but dont really look out for it often.

Im trying to think of wha i watch often, and nothing comes to mind. I lost hope for TV when The Sopranos and Six foot Under ended. I loved well, espeically with the last episode of Six Foot Under, which made me cry.

5. Jade

Jade Active Member

So us Brits have to wait :( So unfair :p

6. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Heroes is awesome, but you really need to watch the series from the beginning. I know of a lot of people who have seen an episode or so, but said it was too confusing. This is because you need to watch all the episodes.

And I think that mini-series you were talking about was canceled due to the writer's strike.

7. bamXkasey

bamXkasey New Member

I'm super excited for Heroes. I know season 3 won't dissapoint, the past two seasons haven't.

8. Kratos

Kratos New Member

It seems as if every character is going to have both a light and dark side this season.

9. Flubagalub

Flubagalub New Member

Heroes and Lost are both great, but my favourite show on TV right now is Dexter. The last half of season 2 is the best half-a-dozen hours of TV I've ever seen. Can't wait for season 3 (I think the first episode airs in a few weeks).

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I watched the first two chapters of volume 3 last night, and all I can say is Wow! There is so much going on right now, and it's too early to start forming any theories.

I won't post any spoilers though.

11. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Meh. I was never that interested in Heroes. It seemed such a rip-off of X Men, and the storyline seemed farcical anyway. Lost started off well, but after the first few seasons seemed to lack aim or direction.

Dexter, however, is awesome. Not as good as the books, but still, damn good.

12. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I agree with Banzai on Heroes. I saw a couple episodes, and it seemed like one of my mother's soap operas, except better produced, and with super powers.

13. Gladiatus

Gladiatus New Member

Heroes had a good concept but they killed it. I watched up to series 2 and was disappointed. I dont really understand the hype behind any TV series, its just a show.

14. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I agree with Cogito! The only word to describe the series opener was Wow!

I find that people that don't like Heroes have only tuned in for certain episodes. Watching it from the beginning, anxiously awaiting each new episode, not knowing what would happen next, the great characters and special effects, all are what makes it so amazing.

15. Cogito

I really liked the first season. The second season suffered, but I think that was mostly the impact of the strike of the Screenwriters' Guild - they had to make last minute changes using existing script pieces, and abbreviated the season. Volume Two ended a couple episodes sooner than they had planned on, and it showed.

One thing I'm mildly disappointed about in Volume Three:
    I see no sign of Monica Dawson in this year's lineup. She was Micah's cousin in New Orleans who could learn complicated physical skills merely be watching them once. She made a good companion for Micah, and I thought her character had a lot of potential.

16. patinna

patinna New Member

i agree, but after these first two new episodes, I'm really hoping that it can be as good as season 1 was

17. Kratos

Kratos New Member

As a note to Cogito's spoiler, the characters he was talking about weren't in the first two episodes, but it doesn't mean they won't be in the entire series.

18. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

I was impressed with the season opener, along with all of the other seasons as well

19. Cogito

True, but they were also conspicuously left out of the season kickoff show preceding the first two chapters.