Marc's Bar and Grill

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

The man didn't even bother looking up at Tina, when she asked him who he was? "You don't remember me Tina? That's interesting because I remember you. I remember all of you quite well. In a way I guess you could say I'm old friends with just about everyone here, in someway or another." He stated biting his nails. The man took note of GM-2 and The Hunter Gerad. He smirked. "Interesting, we have some very big names in the house this evening."

Dexter simply banged his head against the wall. He was refusing to even look in the guys direction.

Pickles was more talkative. "I don't think I've ever met you." He stated confused. Pickles didn't get this guy.

The Bartender served GM 2 his drink and went back to work.

2. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Lark: Crossroads

"This is indeed a crossroad. A very busy crossroad." Lark said to Ares, who rumbled beneath her feet. The dog's dark eyes were fixed on the newcomer. Tension gripped him, but the huge dog knew his duty was to Lark first and foremost. Her safety above at else.

Softly she continued her gentle monologue. "So many comings and goings, lives and intersections. So many names, faces. Yet among them, my name remains unspoken. A secret all my own." Her smile was dark. It was amazing what could be learned without sharing such a simple thing.

3. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Jaz

The Bartender must have been ticked about the dispute she had the unfortunate luck to have been in the middle of. He hadn't given her a new drink or even acknowledged her again. With a sigh, Jaz had dragged her feet to a darkened corner of the bar, studying the happenings with a quick eye. When the interesting man with white-blonde hair appeared, an extremity had occurred in the heartbeats of the bar guests. They were fearful of the man, which they ought to be. Some of them were human afterall. Jaz couldn't care less about the guy. Fear was no enemy to her, more of an ally actually.

Jaz shifted her attention in the direction of the young girl she'd seen earlier. The petite girl was seated at an old piano, notes of a song, dark and enticing played under her fingertips. Jaz shuddered at the thought of her tireless hours spent hovered over her family's baby grand. Being no stranger to music, she had been raised by musically inclined parents. They had been convinced she would be a classical music star and forced her to learn piano. When she picked up the Sax in seventh grade, she had never felt such sweet release. Electric guitar and base soon followed, along with the drums. Rock and Jazz were her fortes, not classical. Never classical.

As Jaz continued to listen, the face of Heather, her friend and favorite piano player, came to the forefront of her mind. At that particular moment she recalled all of her friends or "band-its" as they had called themselves in highschool. The ones she had a successful band with; the band she had left to rot when her life had ended.

When the girl finally came to a rest in her piece, Jaz took the opportunity. She walked closer to lean up against the small piano. Sliding off her shades, she cleared her throat and stared at the queer human.

"So, how long have you been playing? Sounds like many practices." Jaz couldn't remember the last time she had struck up a conversation. Depending on how this one went, she didn't know if it another would be in the forecast.

4. SocksFox

Lark: Words and Music

Lark glanced up, surprised to see the vampire leaning against the piano. "Years. But I've never had lessons. The notes, the songs speak to me." She replied picking up yet another haunting refrain, one of the oldest that she knew. It was her father's song. "My father taught me, much to my mother's dismay. She said it was too dangerous. I never understood until it was too late."

5. JessWrite

Jaz

Jaz listened to the girl's words, her tone of voice as haunting as her song. Mystery, secrets...this girl was full of them. But, who wasn't? She had secrets too, things no one knew and no one could guess. It all depended upon whether one secret was more deadly than another.

"Songs speaking, I understand that. Used to play instruments myself," Jaz said, her steel voice barely above a whisper. "Piano wasn't my instrument, though. Not after being tortured by the scrutiny of my teachers."

Jaz stroked the piano's old wood, her gaze not leaving the innocent girl. "Wish I could appreciate music again, but it's not worth my time anymore. Never again will I play."

6. Kingtype

The man with the white hair looked up at the conversing Jaz and Lark. He gave a friendly smile and began to speak. "I play the instrument myself." He stated nodding towards the piano, "I also enjoy the fiddle." He said in a very calm but still inhuman tone. He was still giving off a massive bad vibe, but it didn't seem to be lethal at the moment. "Miss Jaz may I ask what was your instrument?"

7. SocksFox

Lark: Ice and Fire

Jaz stroked the piano's old wood, her gaze not leaving the innocent girl. "Wish I could appreciate music again, but it's not worth my time anymore. Never again will I play."

"You're a fool to give up the things you love simply because life deals you a hand you did not expect." Lark said, her song darkening as her tempo increased. Fire lit her eyes as she went headlong into her next piece, the notes driven and urgent, the bass line humming with suppressed fury. Her control slipped a notch, the inherent choruses of Spirit and Echo, amplifying the cavorting melody.

Ares whined as he noticed a glimmer of reddish gold shining from the depths of Lark's enormous eyes. The heady song continued, Lark's words a litany with in the notes. "Life, even one such as your own, is nothing to scoff at. But until you have been hunted unto the ends of the earth by those you would call kin, you can never comprehend."

The icy burn of the Hag's carving seared across her back, as her temper stained at its leash. "You have never been called the Fleur Du Mal, nor has it been foretold that by your very existence you would bring all that you love crashing into ruin. You may have been called a monster, but I have been labeled a beast."

Lark's songs had swelled and divided into a massive, multifaceted symphony that slammed against the senses of those around her.

8. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Billiam

The girl at the piano was good, but something about her music seemed to be attempting to overload all of his senses at the same time.

"Hey, can you take it easy with the music? Maybe knock it down a few notches?" Billiam shouted out. "My brain is under enough strain as it is..." He trailed off. Then turned back to the power pulsing new guy.

"So you used to play the fiddle? Interesting? You wouldn't happen to be the devil would you? I've heard he's very good with the fiddle."

9. Kingtype

The man with white hair waved at Billiam without looking at him. "Devil is such a loose term. I hardly feel it necessary to be called names like Satan.....let alone devil. I'm simply like all of you an impossible force of the multiverse that has gathered here in this bar. But if you wish to call me Satan, devil or Lucifer, then who am I to stop you?" The man asked. But he kept speaking. "Consider me a man that's been walking this way and that, doing as he does."

10. SocksFox

Lark: Tantrum

The raised voice recalled Lark to her senses, with an eerie grace she folded her songs down in upon themselves. The notes of the piano faded until it resumed its ghostly lullaby.

Casting a worried glance over her shoulder, she looked about for any wraiths that may have been drawn by the weaves cast by her songs. She heaved a sigh of relief went she didn't spot anything unusual.

11. JessWrite

Jaz

Jaz glared at the man who had enough nerve to nudge into their conversation. Yet, he had called her by name. Obviously wasn't human and obviously was dangerous. Both she was as well and neither did she care. He didn't scare her.

Ignoring his question, Jaz slipped her sunglasses back on. She turned back to the girl who's slender fingers seemed to fly over the keys with a new song.

"Life, even one such as your own, is nothing to scoff at. But until you have been hunted unto the ends of the earth by those you would call kin, you can never comprehend." As the girl played her notes, her words echoed her songs. To Jaz the music amplified three times louder, compared to the average human. She had to strain to hear the girl's soft voice. "You have never been called the Fleur Du Mal, nor has it been foretold that by your very existence you would bring all that you love crashing into ruin. You may have been called a monster, but I have been labeled a beast." Jaz knew the girl had an acquired scent that she had never known. An essence not natural.

"You're right. Can't say I have," Jaz replied coldly, "That's because I'm not the hunted, but am the hunter. My very existence can't ruin what I love, because Another has already taken everything from me." Anger filled Jaz's being as she thought of Him. "The person I used to be is gone and worthless to resurrect until I find the One who turned me into what I am."

12. Pheonix

Billiam

"Consider me a man that's been walking this way and that, doing as he does."

"See, that's the great thing about this place, you meet so many interesting people. Like, a few minutes ago, Thor walked into the back room... Freakin Thor!" Billiam shook his head. "But, I totally relate to the things you're saying. I've been bouncing around the multiverse for the last 4000 years, longer if you take the time travel mechanics into account. And the only way that I could describe what I do is that I do it from time to time..." He chuckled. "That was a time travelers joke... from 'time to time'... Oh, I kill me..."

The fact that Billiam was attempting to joke with someone who may, or may not, have been Lucifer was not lost on him.

13. Kingtype

The white haired man chuckled at Billaim. "Your quite funny. Maybe me and you have met before, I tend to show up with different faces across this wide spectrum." He stated with the same calm manner. He then looked up at Jazz who had ignored him. He didn't really care but he figured why not have some fun or perhaps go on a journey? He began speaking to her. "Have you found Mister Brad yet, I'm sure he misses you Miss Jaz. Perhaps I can help you find him? I know him rather well." The man offered the vampire girl. His voice was honest but very uncaring as if everything he said didn't manner. But in a way everything he did mattered.

14. SocksFox

Lark: Predator and Prey

"My very existence can't ruin what I love, because Another has already taken everything from me." Anger filled Jaz's being as she thought of Him. "The person I used to be is gone and worthless to resurrect until I find the One who turned me into what I am."

Lark's songs remained soft, but once more divided into four different melodies and countermeoldies, one entwined with another. These were lush, intricate as a web of lace, almost tangible in their richness. "You have not lost who you are," she said to Jaz. "You have tried to cast it from you in a fit of rage, drown it beneath a lust for revenge. Those memories remain, the essence of who you are remains."

She studied Jaz, who seemed determined to hide behind her glasses. "You call yourself a hunter, yet you mewl about like a frightened kitten." Lark's eyes flashed, shining like hammered copper through the gloom. "You have breath in your body, a thought in your head, and the gifts of your kind. Stand on your own two feet for once, destiny is what you make of it, not what it makes of you."

The white haired man chuckled at Billaim. "Your quite funny. Maybe me and you have met before, I tend to show up with different faces across this wide spectrum." He stated with the same calm manner.

Lark's coppery gaze came to rest on the eavesdropping newcomer. "A cousin of mine has hair every bit as light as yours." Suddenly her silvery laugh filled the air as the irony dawned. The piano continued to whisper as her fingers flew effortlessly up and down the keys. "So many different faces, so many different planes. Do you know of the Old Ones?"

15. Kingtype

The man in the white hair smiled. "There are a lot of Old Ones out there, which ones do you mean? I know most of them, I'm probably a few of them." He stated with a thoughtful tone.

Dexter continued hiding. He refused to get involved with this guy again. Dexter knew he was or at least he knew one side of him.

16. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Tina
    The dark elf beside her had introduced himself as Alistair. Strange name but not the strangest she'd heard. His question of how she had gotten here had been interrupted by the mysterious stanger with the bad vibe. He was conversing with several of the other people. Despite his mentioning that she should know him, she knew she didn't. Though he reminded her of an unknown enemy from a long forgotten nightmare.
    She turned her attention away from him and back to Alistair, refusing to let some stranger with white hair bother her. Even if he had mention Max.
    "I found this place in some abandoned warehouse, out in the middle of nowhere. I liked it so I come back occasionally. I like gathering tid-bits about other worlds and dimensions. Few people on earth believe that there are other dimensions even out there." She took a sip of black coffee she had ordered right before white-hair-stranger had shown up. "I've had the unfortunete privilage of visting one of them." She scoffed, "Some kids don't know how to handle magic properly."

17. Kingtype

Dexter looked at Tina and shook his head. He was still scared shit less of white hair. But he could of sworn he knew her, the mention of children not handling magic is what brought it back. "Hey." Dexter stated to Tina getting her attention. "Didn't we work together before. Your name is Tina right?" He asked. He was recalling that incident. "Yeah you were one of the people Roxy summoned." He stated with wide eyes.

(For readers see Spellbound, another RP)

18. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Tina

Tina made a face as she recognized Dexter. "This multi-verse is way too small." She took another sip of coffee looking back across the counter. The hair on the back of her neck stood up alerting her to someone watching her. She looked around casually catching the eye of the brown-haired girl at the table.
    Why is she staring at me...oh now she looks away. Probably my katana. She looks way to young to be here, but whatever.
    Tina returned her attention to Alistair, hoping Dexter would leave her alone.

19. JessWrite

Jaz

"You call yourself a hunter, yet you mewl about like a frightened kitten." Lark's eyes flashed, shining like hammered copper through the gloom. "You have breath in your body, a thought in your head, and the gifts of your kind. Stand on your own two feet for once, destiny is what you make of it, not what it makes of you."

At the bold words, Jaz flicked off her sunglasses. Ignoring the warning signs, she drew nearer to where the girl sat, to stare closely into those large eyes.

"Everyday I take a stand in the Chicago streets. Everyday I save a messed up person from the life of crime that holds them hostage. I'm no kitten," Jaz sneered. "Not even close."

She drew back, folding her arms across her chest. "You naive little girl. You could never understand what living hell I've been through....my eternal betrayal." Jaz's complexion flushed a rare pink as her brimming anger consumed her thoughts of Him.

"Have you found Mister Brad yet, I'm sure he misses you Miss Jaz. Perhaps I can help you find him? I know him rather well." She tensed at the mention of His name. Placing her shades back to conceal the sensitivity of the topic, Jaz spun around to face the white-haired man who had quickly moved onto other conversations.

She didn't care if she interrupted, he had interrupted her so they'd be even. "Think I'll pass on the offer. Would ruin the fun if I don't find Him myself," Jaz said, matching the man's previous tone. "I wouldn't be surprised if you knew Him. Obviously there were a few secrets between us."

20. Kingtype

The white haired man turned back to Jaz as she spoke to him. She was hardly of concern to him, but still she caught his interest everyone in this bar did. He found everyone here would make a great challenge. "I hope I didn't hurt you with my comment. I was simply trying to help." He stated apologetically. "But to be honest Miss Jaz your petty little revenge story is one of many. Everyone in this bar has suffered through a hell of some kind, I could name most of them. What makes you think yours is something special?" He asked with the least bit of concern in his voice.

21. Pheonix

Alistair

"I found this place in some abandoned warehouse, out in the middle of nowhere. I liked it so I come back occasionally. I like gathering tid-bits about other worlds and dimensions. Few people on earth believe that there are other dimensions even out there." She took a sip of black coffee she had ordered right before white-hair-stranger had shown up. "I've had the unfortunete privilage of visting one of them." She scoffed, "Some kids don't know how to handle magic properly."

"Amen to that." Alistair said, lifting his glass a little. "So other dimensions eh? The void mages of my earth believe that there is another layer to the universe, we draw our power from it. They also believe that in that sub level of space there are doors to other worlds. Maybe that's what I found in the broom closet."

--------------------------------

Billiam

"But to be honest Miss Jaz your petty little revenge story is one of many. Everyone in this bar has suffered through a hell of some kind, I could name most of them. What makes you think yours is something special?"

"I hold no pretense of specialness." Billiam nodded his head and called for an order of cheese fries.

--------------------------------

GM-2

"Everyone in this bar has suffered through a hell of some kind, I could name most of them."

GM-2 sat up a little straighter at that, then turned around and looked at the white haired man. "Oh, is that so. Do you know of my personal hell?" He asked with a sneer on his face.

22. Kingtype

White haired smirked at GM-2. "You don't seem very fond of me sir. But to answer your question, I don't know much about you. But I do know like me, you enjoy games." He stated grinning. GM 2 was by far a very lethal enemy to have. But White hair wasn't scared in the least.

23. Pheonix

GM-2

"You don't seem very fond of me sir. But to answer your question, I don't know much about you. But I do know like me, you enjoy games."

"You misunderstand." GM smiled menacingly. "I hold nothing against you personally. I hate all equally. But yes, a good game is the only thing that makes this intolerable life worth living... The question is, are you willing to play? Or are you just here to watch?"

24. Kingtype

White haired blew smoke from his mouth and his smiled grew wider. "I'm merely an attached observer watching mice." He said his grin returning to normal.

25. SocksFox

Lark: Mini Yet Mighty

She drew back, folding her arms across her chest. "You naive little girl. You could never understand what living hell I've been through....my eternal betrayal."

Lark's songs continued to swirl even though she had ceased to play. Standing up on the piano bench so she could reach Jaz, Lark stretched out a small, cold hand bringing it flush against the vampire's face. The tears, stories, and voices of a thousand slain Lores flooded across the connection.

"I may be little, but do not think I have not seen hell. Their stories echo in my dreams, in every breath I draw, and unlike you they have no voice other than my own. These are the faces of my people. All dead at the hands of the Hag."

The young darkkin pulled her hand back as if burned. "They are the reason I fight to defy my fate, to make my destiny my own. Your hell is of your own making, mine is not of my own creation."

Gracefully she slid back down onto the bench and resumed her song. "Strength, speed, and cunning, none of these do I claim to possess, but I do not shy away from life. Too many have fought too long and hard for me to give up so easily. My purpose, for good or ill has yet to be determined. Until it is I will face each day as I have the one before, head high and heart open."

Lark's eyes shifted back to their hooded blue. "I have two options in this life. Hope or madness. My naivety allows me to believe in the former." Her fingers began plucking out the melody of an old ballad her father used to sing to her by the fireside.