Tags:
  1. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

Screen Play -- In need of a title

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by aimi_aiko, Jun 26, 2011.

As I've mentioned before in another thread, I am currently working on my very first screen play. I've decided to do something a little different and set the novel/story writing aside for now.

I've began developing my characters, plots, conflicts, scene ideas, etc. The only thing I have not developed yet is my title. I am looking for ideas and suggestions to go by in order to find my title. I will not necessarily use the titles you may give, but I will take them into mind in order to come up with my own.

I will give you a little description of what my screen play is about in order to help you. I am looking for a title that doesn't necessarily give the plot of the screen play away, something unique - but meaningful, I like one worded titles, but it has to be uncommon and I also like multi-worded titles as well.

DESCRIPTION
    I apologize for the scrambled description, but the end is actually describing what is going on with her, and what she actually needs.

I have two ideas for the title, but I'm not so sure about them. I picked them from the idea of how she is soft hearted when she sees someone cry and I came up with:

Fallen Tears
    or
    Tears of the Fallen

but I'm not quite sure if I want to stick with a title that wraps around a part of her personality.

I want a title that has something to do with the storyline, but does not give it away. A title idea/suggestion is all I'm looking for right now. I do not need critiqes. Also, if any of you are wondering, I AM NOT using this screenplay for publishing purposes. It is strictly for my own personal experiment only.

Thank you in advance.

2. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

Tears of the Fallen? Ew. No. Kthxbai.

How about just "Tears"?

3. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

I was thinking just "Tears" too, but I'm needing something more unique.

4. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

The trouble with using 'Tears' is that, out of context, it can have different meanings:

The tears rolled down her face.
    There were huge tears in her dress.
    She always tears about.

I wouldn't develop the title until you've finished the screenplay, because sometimes the title comes from something a character says or does, so that may come out as you work on it.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Finish the screenplay. By then you will probably KNOW what the title should be.

No one knows the script as well as you do. So how can you expect someone else to title it for you?

It's your baby. You should name it.

6. jeremiah22

jeremiah22 New Member

whaaminator 2: judgement day

7. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

I agree with this. It will hit you eventually. The more you write the more you know your story and in turn will figure out a suitable name for it. One thing I do have to say is that Tears of the Fallen sounds almost to angst for it. Also it reminds me of Tears Don't Fall by Bullet for my Valentine xD Which I now have a sudden urge to listen to...

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto the ditto to cog's advice!

and it's 'screenplay' btw... all one word, not two...