1. melty

melty New Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Melty's road to progress

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by melty, Sep 6, 2015.

Hello, I'm Melty and this is my thread to record my progress on my story "Space Ranger Rinel." I'm also in the progress of animating it and after much thought decided to also turn it into a story! I don't know how far I'll be able to go, but I'm giving it a shot.

Right now I've got next to nada, but hopefully from now this will change. My uncertainty is quite high at the moment, and a lot of doubts are making me feel that it's impossible to pull off. But thoughts like that will only further keep me from doing anything!

The general rundown of the story is about this young schoolboy called Haruto who has a pretty everyday life. He has a sister, his parents are always up and about and he's in the athletic club. Then one day an interesting girl with an unnatural appearance joins his class, sits beside him and goes by the name Rinel. Thinking that she's just an overly eccentric classmate is just a little surprised when it turns out she's an alien that's come to prevent an impending invasion.

It doesn't look the most original but it's a story I hold dearly to me. I also want to aim it towards a younger audience, and want it to be easy to read but still enjoyable.

I guess the genres are Romance, Sci-Fi, Magical Girl. Magical Girl is a genre that I love very much.

Here's the first episode of the animation. It won't follow this to a T though, I like the thought of different adaptations of the same story providing different experiences.

Anyhoo, more from me soon!