1. ingames

ingames New Member

In depth or in width?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ingames, Mar 13, 2011.

Lately I've been sticking my fingers in many many pies, and kind of lost myself.
    Quite frankly, I feel overwelmed, and I don't know if I should focus on one thing or work on everything, and taking rounds.

Any opinions? How do you manage your time and hobbies?

Maybe I just picked up too many. Here they are.

Guitar
    Piano
    Songwriting
    Writing Fiction
    Movies
    Books
    Music

2. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Well, 4 of those hobbies go together.
    I'd use movies and books as something to break up all the writing and learning music every once in a while.

3. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

Savants and jacks-of-all-trades are for me equally awesome.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hmmph. Tell me about it. I have interests and hobbies all over the map, such as cooking, photography, hiking, programming, reading, writing, saxophone, modelbuilding, ...

You get the idea. I'm interested in almost everything, but there isn't enough time in the day to go into sufficient depth in every topic.

So I dive deep into some, others I can only skim the surface of. I don't have much patience for sleep - it's simply lost time, a little slice of daily death. I multitask a lot.

I have only one solution. I must live forever. But there still won't be enough time...

5. nhope

nhope Member Reviewer

I have decided there is no such thing as managing time, you have to manage yourself around the things that come up in your life.

You will make time to do the things you really want to do and dabble in the others. Nothing wrong with that. Don't put so much pressure on yourself to accomplish everything, because your interests will change as your life does.

Focus on the things that make you relaxed, happy, accomplished. Forget for now those that make you feel tense, stressed, or that resemble work. Put a little happy in your life.

6. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I plan to live forever... so far, so good.