1. Angkor

Angkor New Member

Midwest Book Review - Bad Experience

Discussion in 'Publisher Discussion' started by Angkor, May 22, 2008.

Getting reviews is a puzzling pursuit. I've published two novels. In seeking out reviews, I submitted to Midwest Book Review, which reviews almost anything from almost anybody. MBW declined my books without explanation. Yet a New York Times repeat best seller author enthusiastically reviewed for me. His write-up has gotten me a lot of traction. So, go figure.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The Reviewing forum does not address issues with paid reviewers. It deals with the process of reviewing work for others, and with are good and poor practices for giving and receiving reviews. I'm moving this thread to Publishers, which is our only forum that really deals with commercial services related to writing.

3. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

I hear what you are saying, getting reviews for your books is a challenge. This is especially hard for novels as there are often no particular niche magazines that you can send copies to for review. I suggest you just keep trying (also, you can look at my sig. for another possible review site). Good luck.