Military Terminology and other Military related questions.

Discussion in 'Research' started by Nezriel, Jun 15, 2008.

1. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I'm trying to find specific demographic data on the US military, primarily economic class demographics. I'm doing a project on the selective services system and am having trouble finding the data. There is a bill on docket called the Universal National Services Act, which minus fancy wording is basically just a call for a national draft. Right now I'm trying to disprove this statement by the bill primary supporter:

"A disproportionate number of the poor and members of minority groups make up the enlisted ranks of the military, while most privileged Americans are underrepresented or absent." ~ Congressmen Charles Rangel

Now I'm reasonably sure this is a false statement (as far as I know more than 90% of the US military is white middle class). But I can't find a data listing that has demographics data based on socio-economic condition and I'm not throwing it in there until I know.

I'm still scouring but if you come across this or know where I can find it please let me know.

EDIT: Scratch this. Low and behold a few minutes after posting I find what I was looking for XD. It's always the last link on the third page of the search XD