Bug Report Minor bug reports

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Komposten, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Ah, I see. Well, it's still bugged :) I can't see it, and it is clear from a group PM that others who easily meet the 20 post/14 day requirement can't see it either.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Everyone with 90 posts and 100 days (I think) should see it, and no one with less than that should. Though, you seem to meet those requirements ( ;) ), so I guess there is a problem with it.

Edit: Wait, I can't see it either...

3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

:D

4. Komposten

It should be fixed now.

Steerpike likes this.
  5. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Whatever. It all seems rather arbitrary. I don't have anything interesting to say about politics anyway. I'm not sure anyone does.

Okon likes this.
  6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Your screenshot link is broken. You're saying the header banner was pushed down? Is this still the case?

Is this issue the same where the entire navigation bar and logo was pushed down?

If it's the same issue as the later, it should be solved. Took me a few hours, but I finally found it: an empty hidden div.

If this is a separate issue, let me know.

Is this the same as the above? Do you have a screenshot?

7. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

Thank you for inquiring. Since the new banner was put onto the site, everything is up where it should be and I can see the navigation links just fine.

I tried to post a screenshot, but my computer saves those as bitmaps and the site won't take those.

Thank you also for searching for the cause of the problem. Looks like that did the trick.

8. Elven Candy

Elven Candy Pay no attention to the foot in my mouth Contributor

I've been having issues these last few days. They aren't really consistent on when they happen.
    - I receive alerts (and e-mail notifications) that someone liked one of my posts, but when I click on it, I don't see the like (I suspect I'm getting duplicate alerts, timed hours apart, because it's always someone who has liked one of my posts in that thread).
    - After I respond to a thread, I receive notification and alerts that someone has responded to a thread I'm watching. The post it's alerting me to is the one just above my post, and I'd already read it.
    - Often times I can't see the newest post I made. Sometimes a page refresh lets me see it, sometimes I have to wait a while (minutes or hours) before I can refresh the page and see it.
    - Sometimes the newest post I made does show up, but when I refresh the page it's no longer visible.
    - Sometimes I'll receive notification that someone responded to a thread I'm watching, but when I go to that thread I can't see their response. Sometimes a page refresh allows me to see it, sometimes not.

9. Komposten

Woah, that sounds like a whole lot of trouble. Try to clear your web browser's cache and cookies, then restart it, and see if the problems go away.

10. Elven Candy

Okay, I did that. Only time will tell if the problems are completely gone, but I'll update you when I know!

Komposten likes this.
  11. Elven Candy

The problems seem to have vanished. Thank you!!!!

Komposten likes this.
  12. Elven Candy

The problem of not being able to see the newest replies to a post has returned. Is anyone else having this problem?

13. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Nothing happens when you click 'Blog Entries' on someone's profile page.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  14. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

If you edit a status message in the sidebar widget, it gets removed from the timeline. It's still there on your main profile page, but it disappears from the widget in the sidebar.

15. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Twice in the past few days, when I've liked a post it's taken me to a new screen that says, "Are you sure you want to like this post?" It's never happened to me before in the almost-year I've been on the site.

16. OurJud

Status message posts just seem to disappear at random now. Post, refresh the page and it's gone.

17. Matt E

Matt E Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8 Contributor

The background image in the header (behind the logo, shows words written on paper with glasses, quill, and ink) doesn't show up on Google Chrome when using a zoom of 125% or more, for some reason. I think it used to show up, but stopped around the time the logo was centered I think.

18. Komposten

It's written in the website's code that the header's background does not appear if the browser window is narrower than a certain width. Since zooming in is equivalent with narrowing the browser window, the background will disappear if you zoom enough (125% in your case, 170% for me). I would assume this is related to problems with down-scaling the background image or it looking weird when cropped to a smaller size.

19. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Over the past couple of days I've started getting pop-up ads (over the Server Fundraiser block) on the Community Page. Is there a reason that has just started, and is everybody getting this? It's really annoying.

I think I'm still a Supporter, but my Supporter badge has disappeared from my avatar.

20. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Resolved. ;)

jannert likes this.
  21. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Fangs! You're da beast.

22. OurJud

I'll be glad to see the back of that fundraiser graphic. I know we're only talking a split second but I'm an impatient man and having to wait for the green progress bar to fill up every time you refresh the page is a pain in the backside.

23. OurJud

How come the fundraiser has been reset and now says six days left when yesterday it was saying two days left?

24. SolCommand

SolCommand New Member

Hello. I registered here recently and today I started a private conversation about a story with a member. He replied and now I'm trying to reply back but I simply cannot send him absolutely any message. I keep getting this error even when I tried messaging an admin about the error:

I tried logging out and back in, deleted cookies and still nothing.
    Is there a rule for 1 message per day here on this forum ? Because that would really be ... something.

25. Komposten

There are, as far as I know, no limits to how many messages you can send in a day.

The spam filter can trigger if new members post content containing links, images, etc. I think it might also be possible that your account has been marked as a potential spammer by the software, and thus had your account limited (I'm not sure if the software does this kind of stuff, though).

I'll notify one of the admins and see if he can resolve the issue.