1. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

A good idea to write a thriller story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Mans, Jan 29, 2014.

The story begin when a weird event occurs on the earth. After some reporting, the geophysicists notice something is happening underground and understand the occurrence is a global matter across the word ( sorrily I can not explain in a public place what is the occurrence. but I just can say, it is an event which you have never heard anything about it ) . That event overspread in the world until a critical times. At that time, some people die because of the disaster and the scientists try to find a solution to prevent that fatal phenomenon but the natural phenomenon, is greater than the scientists be able to reduce it... The story begin with a character is an engineer and works in an outside industrial camp... Then the other characters arrive in the story one after another gradually. The protagonist ( the first and second character ) can be the engineer, a geophysics professor or both ( I have not decided yet to plan the story path accurately ). of course, there are some other important characters in the story. This story is a very capable novel for making an amazing , horror and thriller movie

2. iPatrick

iPatrick New Member

Maybe you can also add that he's deeply in love and he must save his girlfriend as well.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

mans...
    I'm pretty sure Patrick is being facetious...

as for your story idea, I agree it could make a good thriller novel or movie--IF it's well written... even though it's a clichéd plot...

but even the worst idea can be turned into a bestseller/box office hit in the hands of a good writer... and even the best idea can fail in the hands of a poor writer...

and the sad fact is that at your current level of skill in writing English, I can't see you able to turn out an acceptable ms or screenplay without help... so, you'll either have to first become fluent in idiomatic English, or have a ghostwriter do the writing... and hiring a ghostwriter will cost many thousands of dollars, with no guarantee that the result will ever be published or produced...

love and hugs, maia

Mans likes this.
  4. Mans

Yes, this is one of the cases that I have planned to be a side issue in the story but not about a girlfriend(because girlfriend is not a legal couple or phrase in my opinion so I can call her " a fiance " )

5. JayG

JayG Banned Contributor

Bad news: story ideas are easy. There are millions of people trying to write and all of them have a story idea. So what? Editors receive hundreds of queries a week, every week, year after year. So the one thing that you can be certain is that your idea isn't unique. And if it's science fiction, as it sounds to be, the science had had better be plausible to a reasonably educated reader.

In the end, a reader is with you for the moment-to-moment reading pleasure that good writing can bring. And given that damn little of the plot will have shown in the three or four ages an editor will read as a query, your writing has to be on a professional level, and hook them quickly with entertaining writing.

I'd work on that first.

Mans likes this.
  6. iPatrick

iPatrick New Member

You're pretty sure wrong. I was sharing an obvious idea. I also think if he writes, it would be a good exercise for him to improve his english.

7. Mans

I agree. The most of writers that want to write an science fiction story, usually notice to a natural phenomenon as the main background for their story. I did so as well, but please notice, my story is different with the stories that are in the similar backgrounds. The main difference, is about a special natural phenomenon that nobody ( even scientists ) doesn't know anything about that. This probable disaster is not an imaginary or fiction thing but (if God wills ) is likely to really happen on earth scientifically. May I explain about this phenomenon in the next posts.

8. Albirich

Albirich Active Member

So with this phenomenon the two choices you can go is write about a character or two that will save the world, or their attempt at continuing life (like Walking Dead series)

Therefore if you choose the first one it'll be just like the other world ending books and movies out. And if you choose the first then the big details don't really matter, and your excessive investment in it is for nothing.

I don't know your novel or idea the wholly, but the idea is one thing, execution another. In which execution is by far the most important. As mammamia said, you need to work on more than just the idea.

This thread will help you in no way with what is actually important, which I believe may be a bit of unseriousness or gullibility on your part. You explaining the phenomenon will in no way help your idea, so don't waste the time and do something productive instead.

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

no matter how effective your idea may be, until you can write intelligibly, in idiomatic english, nothing you write will be read by agents, publishers, or producers...

so, you must either perfect your english and hone your fiction writing [or screenwriting] skills, or be able to pay a ghostwriter to do it for you...

10. Mans

Thank you for your critique. This story is not an important work for me. I mean, I don't like to continue it willingly. I have many other ideas that I can work on them but I like the subject is something that I like. This novel is not an interesting idea for me because it is moving just around an event. I mostly love to write the stories with philosophic and attractive dialogs. The stories which the readers absorb to its deep, meaningful and sensible dialogs. In the other word, I like to busy the readers' mind by a series of relevant, rational and absorptive dialogs ( along with some events ) instead of the stories just with the exciting events.
    Regarding to what you opined about my idea, I have to say, if I don't post my ideas so what should I do? Such ideas may adds an experience to the readers' experience.
    I read in a book, a group of prisoners had decided to find a way to escape from the jail. One of them offered a plan which was funny. they became uneasy and protested him, what is this stupidly plan. The leader of the group said : " let him to tell his plan. I f someone says, we can wear a sheepskin and thus, escape from this hell I will think about his idea.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014