2. Yes! We can help you!

100.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MissJuli

MissJuli New Member

MissJuli says Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MissJuli, Sep 30, 2013.

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 26 yeas old and recently married. I live in the Central New York area and I am just about to quit my full time job to pursue other interests in my life. I'm singer-dancer-actor with a bachelor's degree in theatre. I teach dance part time at a studio. I don't always tell people I'm a "writer" as I don't always write. I go in spurts.

My main quest right now is to finish a play I began writing 7 years ago and still have not finished. In the process of writing it, I showed my rough work to a lot of friends who gave me many varied suggestions. Because of this, I think I was just a little lost in the seas of confusion. I want to finally pick it back up and finish the thing but I'm a little stuck as to where I should go now that I've read it over again.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I look forward to discussing with everyone!

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i mentor playwrights among all other writing breeds, so if you need help/advice/info i'm only a mouse click away by email...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Juli, yes, we can help you. Stick around a couple weeks, join a few conversations offer a couple critiques of your own (see posting in the workshop requirements/rules) then post a bit of your play and see if you get any helpful feedback.

If you have general questions re the play you can ask those questions right off the bat. What is it about the play you are most concerned about?

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello, Miss Juli, and welcome. :)

Have a peek at the Forum Rules, always a good place to start. ;)

Wrey

5. RyanLight

RyanLight New Member

Hi,
    I wanted to share this quote with you:
    " Don't tell people your dream, show them"

Sometimes we look to others for validation of ideas, but when you really want something, you should go ahead.
    Why? Simply because it is still in the form of an idea- it is fragile, it isn't complete. Only you can see the inspiration, the beauty of that idea. Others will not see it the same way you do.
    It belongs to you to make that idea, that dream become a reality.
    Show them the beauty of your idea- don't let it be limited by other's opinion.

Take care :)