1. guitarplayer

guitarplayer New Member

MLA Style

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by guitarplayer, Mar 23, 2009.

Hi, I'm new here, but I'll be posting alot of my poetry soon.

Quick question for anyone out there willing to help me. I'm writing a paper and it has to be in MLA format. Does anyone know what to put in-text if I used an entire web page for general information? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributing Member Contributor

Look forward to reading your poetry soon.
    As for the MLA format question, most of us I doubt are experts in the field and would have to look it up, just like you would, so you should probably do that yourself. (And homework help is prohibited here.) Sorry!

3. guitarplayer

guitarplayer New Member

I hadn't really considered the format to be homework help, it's not like I'm asking you folks to write my paper, but I see where your coming from and appreciate the warning.

4. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

The answer comes up if you google mla in-text citation. As I don't have my mla guide on hand, that's all I've got.

5. Vayda

Vayda Senior Member

i DO have my MLA guide on hand.

Cite it parenthetically by using the author's name (look for a copyright info page on websites, they're not always obvious) or by using the title of the website. If it doesn't have pages, cite it by paragraph (put a comma after the author/title and then par. 1 or pars. 1-2 or whatever). Cite only whichever page you pull the quotation from. If you're citing the whole cite in more of a paraphrase sort of way, try to work the title/author into your sentence ("The Blahblah website suggests that blahblahblahblahblah") but if you can't then put it in parentheses after your paraphrase with no page numbers/whatever. Make sure it appears on your works cited page.