1. themotions

themotions New Member

Mmee!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by themotions, Mar 31, 2009.

I am a statistic. I am a college student. I am a female. I make up roughly one half of this worlds population. I observe. I love questions. I don’t trust answers. I love rain. I live in a Barbie dream house. I am disease. I am parties and cigarettes, I was drugs. I am not my past. I own my past. I plan to be my future. I am dance parties and spiral staircases. I am a responsible older sister and a troubled younger one as well. I am my major. I am a definition. I bask in streetlights. I hate when people fall asleep. I still get scared of the dark. I strive off of being scared. I am a pencil on paper and I am the spoken word. I am loud in my own head, and calm out loud. I’m what you’ve raised me to be. I’m proud yet scared to give into it. I am intricately simple. I am sensual and nurturing, just as I should be. I hold hands and kiss foreheads. I sit in dark corners and dance in the sparkling sun. I am disappointed. I create characters that exist in everyone’s lives. I am Barack Obama and I am afternoon martinis. I am binge drinking and all-nighters. I swear more than I should. I dream to be like my father. I love old Volvos and all music. I am unpredictable. I am happy. I am talking about myself too much. I care what people think about me and I am aware of that…I hope you like me too.

sorry about the length of my intro..i got carried away eekkk
    So I am a junior in college in a major that has nothing to do with writing or english which leaves little room for self expression.
    While my writing is pretty raw and follows few grammatical rules but I would love to learn so if you ever see something I write and feel like sharing your thoughts/help please feel free!
    Overall I love to talk and write about everything, I love a good discussion and strong opinnions or theories. I love new ideas and talking about life in general and if you are the same way than please get in touch!
    Out of the ordinary and thought provoking writing really intrigues me so I hope I get to see some here...

Best, The Motions

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello The Motions, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be among the very first things you do here. It is worth taking the time to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

Hi and welcome! :)

4. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Hey The Motions...Welcome to WF...hope you have a great time here.

5. lynneandlynn

lynneandlynn New Member

Welcome! I love how original and unique your introduction post is. I'm looking forward to seeing that creativity in your writing as well.

~Lynn