1. WriterMMS

WriterMMS Member

MMS's progress journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by WriterMMS, Dec 14, 2015.

Weekly to Daily updates on my works.
    70k words so far in my book which I once struggled in making 50k and I'm not even halfway done.
    My current WIP is a an epic deconstruction of religion and fantasy which will rival other works such as Dante's inferno and Paradise Lost.

Just finished up two chapters which will setup two major character plots.
    One which relate current day superheroes with gods of old and the other dealing with some of todays religious political issues.

2. Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria Member

You're the ambitious one, aren't you! But who am I to talk - I have many comparative works in notebooks, half-formed, and I dwell on religion (albeit in a more classical and axiomatic, rather than current-affairs, sense) heavily. Best of luck in your travels - for that is what it is to write, and moreso still to aspire to an epic. Best of luck in what I am sure shall be your magnum opus.

3. WriterMMS

WriterMMS Member

Before I was like all of you, nervous at my own existence, worried about meaningless things, unappreciative of my own existence. But, after multiple near death experiences that all changed. I didn't go to heaven or hell, to paradise or purgatory. I went to administration. I saw on high the fractal nature of all creation. It was beautiful, like shifting shimmering prismatic shattered glass. That's what the multiverse looks like from "above".

Of course a part of me is still human and know what readers want is an engaging story full of emotion and conflict to go side by side ultimate knowledge. In order to be your zeitgeist I must feed humanity drops of this knowledge, so that you may not drown in it.

I have 3 epic series in the works. So that would be 3 magnum opus's (Opei? No idea.)

1) The great deconstruction of fantasy (and with religion being the root of fantasy I must deconstruct that also). This will be my theist epic.

2) An atheist epic that looks at our prospective futures, my "visionary" or "futurist" epic. This is more in line with scifi. This might be hard to execute since we're on the cusp of the robotics revolution. Have to get it out before the lower and middle class implodes at the creation of robotic servants and that conflict begins.

3) My final epic which will describe the "final" metaphysical philosophy of humans. It answers all the questions of free will, the nature of "god", and the illusion of probability. A multiversal epic. Right now I would say I'm about 100 years ahead of quantum physicists.

4. Sam Frost

Sam Frost Member

Oh my goodness! These are such grand ideas, I can't even imagine creating them! Best of luck on your works- they all sound very interesting!

5. WriterMMS

WriterMMS Member

42 thousand words in for my first major edit cycle. Much has changed from the first draft as there is more action and death early on in the story. But even then some parts feel weak and one particulsr character does not fit in.

I may have to retcon her out of my second edit cycle.

As for the core of the story the artist who is one of my main characters was apparently part of a historical secret society instead of my originally intended fictional one.

6. WriterMMS

WriterMMS Member

48k words into my edit and ive hit my first wall.
    Though necessary and historical these new chapters i have to put in bore me, and i fear would bore the reader.

I may have to leave entire swathes of this persons life otherwise ppl would stop reading.

7. WriterMMS

WriterMMS Member

I managed to make my historical chapters a bit more interesting not through action but action of thought.

Back to a modern day battle scene in the middle, i want to balance just how much technology plays a roll in my books, cant make it too advance because it will spoil the plot.