Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

I have some problem with opening WF pages

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mans, Jan 22, 2015.

It takes a long time that I can open the homepage. It doesn't appear and I have to try again and again. Also when I want to go to a thread, this happen as well and sometimes it goes back to the homepage! and I will have to try again. Does WritingForums use facebook or twitter platform? ( Because they are filtered in our area)

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

There's a Twitter account and it's also displayed on the WF site.

Click on "community" and open the forum contents page and you'll see the Twitter posts on the right hand column (scroll down), or it may show up on the bottom of the page.

Bummer. I hate to see censorship in any country.

3. GingerCoffee

I should add, the Twitter account isn't new.

4. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

Yes GingerCoffee, you are right, filtering sounds to be unpleasant but sometimes it is necessary for some humanity purposes. For example, the sexy sites that attack people's mind and soul, should be filtered. It is necessary thing. They are destroyer and cause corruption in morality and humanity.
    Also the maliciously political plans that are expressed in some particular websites against the security of a nation or popular governments. They deceive youths and incite them for disturbance and anarchism.
    facebook and twitter are not such as websites but they are the websites that everyone can participate in them and say whatever he want, among the savage beasts like Taliban and ISIL members and other oppositions of human right and humanity.
    Islamic government of Iran is obligated from its nation to protect people against every harmful and dangerous factors that threaten them and the government have to do the same. The government has provided the education background for all the youths in schools and universities, in Iran. It also is obligated from the people and constitution of Iran to train youths based on righteousness, cleanness, honesty and humanity ( based on Islam orders). A part of activity of government is focused on marriage of youths. It even gives about 10 million Toman ( 3000 dollar) to the youths that have married recently as a bank loan with a long repayment period.
    :) However, filtering some harmful websites that damage humans and move in a corruption path is not a bad thing. So I ask you to be not hated of filtering that is done in Iran. It is one of the best gifts that government of Iran can reward to people. like a fence around a farm against wolves and the other dangerous beings. Or like the atmosphere shield against meteors. It is better I call it a fire wall.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  5. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

No hatred toward Iran, but it's important that you understand that freedom of speech is more important to most of the world than 'training youths' in the precepts of Islam. The rest of us have no reason to care about your particular religious beliefs.

6. Gawler

Gawler Senior Member

Australia via Hawaii via Australia via England
    The flip side of that is a population that becomes guided to one particular set of ideals and limited resources to expand their knowledge. Christianity has been guilty of this in the past when it banned the theories of Copernicus for 2 centuries because it opposed Holy Scripture.

The situation you are describing is no different other than it has a far wider reach.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  7. GingerCoffee

As @Gawler noted, there can be negative consequences that outweigh the benefits.

I'm an evidence based thinker. Tell me, how do you know the web sites or pictures are what corrupts minds? The evidence is not there while there is evidence that humans are a mix of people with corrupt minds included in the mix, no pictures needed.

As for not stirring the political waters, again, how do you know the government is doing a good job and isn't corrupt when dissent is not allowed?

Gawler likes this.
  8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

This is an issue for @Daniel to look at and may in fact have no remedy on our side of things. The Suggestions and Feedback area is not the appropriate location for a conversation concerning the pros and cons of censoring and/or filtering of content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.