most difficult characters to portray

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Cacian, Jan 30, 2012.

1. leke101

leke101 New Member

I find the hardest character to write is one who is sadistic like a pedophile or cannibal. I hate having to get into their psyche.

2. Henning

Henning New Member

This is strange. No one thinks that simple, everyday, nice, people are the hardest to write about?

3. Erato

Erato New Member

Funny enough, I rarely write about everyday people. I don't really know what one is. I find boys/men the hardest to write about, but that's not really surprising, being female myself, but I haven't explored all the possibilities; certainly people with disabilities would be hard for me.

4. TheWritingWriter

TheWritingWriter New Member

It's so hard for me to write about happy characters. I can write to the end of the earth about a sad character. Perhaps with sad characters, I have something to write about. Something happens, they're faced with conflict, and where there's conflict, there's story. But that doesn't mean if you have a happy character you can't have conflict. The conflict would just have to be more external rather than internal. Now that I think about it, I should probably challenge myself & write about a happy character. It'd be a good challenge, a good exercise, and it might do me some good personally.