1. Prodigy

Prodigy Member

Motivation for your stories?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Prodigy, Sep 17, 2008.

What has motivated you to write the stories that you have? Like a past experience? A point of view? Just something appealing to you? Mine has been, for the most part, a point of view on a subject.

2. Sophronia

Sophronia Member

I was first motivated by stories I read when I was younger, and now that I look back on some of my older stories, I can see how much I've plageurized (sp?) them XP lol
    Other things too, like life experiences, my religion, my imagination...there's lots of things.

3. lordofhats

lordofhats Contributing Member

I find it fun. Fun is what makes life worth living. We all gotta find something that makes us happy (if we're lucky we find more than one :p).

4. Torana

Torana Contributing Member Contributor

THe motivation I had for writing stories was venting... whenever I really need to vent about something that is going on, or someone, I used to sit down and write stories. But I stopped writing them now and only write poetry... not for the same reason though!

5. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis Contributing Member

I don't really know. : /... Seriously! I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just because I like books but I just remember having a wild fascination with fantasy as a kid.

6. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Usually, it's because something interests me, and I want to explore it further by writing about it.

7. tehuti88

tehuti88 Contributing Member

I write about what I'm interested in reading/learning about. Aside from that, the motivations behind each story are unique, so I'd never be able to list them all. *shrug*

Lack of friends and social activities probably prompted a lot of my work too, since it's not like I have anything better to do with my time.

8. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

I won't name all; I'll just pinpoint one. I wrote a story called "Bonfire" (which disappeared after my room flooded) about a young woman who sets fire to her apartment destroying her father's precious "Lucille" (not a poodle, or anything, but a guitar). She and her younger sister take off in her car and are zooming up Signal Hill (where they first lit a bonfire and pranced around it like possessed souls at the beginning of the story) and it ends there.

There was no other motivation except for one here: I wanted to tell that particular story.

9. FantasyWitch

FantasyWitch Contributing Member

dreams.

10. Dcoin

Dcoin Contributing Member

Escape motivates me to write. I like leaving my world and entering into the world that I build on paper.

11. TwinPanther13

TwinPanther13 Contributing Member

I write stories I would want to read. I also want to write stories from a new perspective. A little Anime style to the novels.

I also hope that I throw stereotypes out the window and on there ear.

12. Little Miss Edi

Little Miss Edi Contributing Member

I like to tell stories :)
    Plus if a scene gets stuck in my head then there's no telling where I could be with it the day after. I like to develop ideas until they fizzle out, then at least I can expell them from the grey matter without feeling like I might have missed an opportunity!