Movie Recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dude_guy_yeah!, Mar 18, 2009.

1. A.J.Crowley

A.J.Crowley New Member

Saw Monsters vs Aliens. It was ok.
    A bit of a come down after Kung Fu Panda. It stuck to the typical DreamWorks formula - pop culture references, smart alek comments, ect. That said I did laugh on several occasions.

Trekkies
    There's something about die hard fans of, well, anything really, but particularly science fiction shows, and no science fiction show has a following like Star Trek.

Maybe its their complete lack of self awareness, or their tenuous relationship with reality (and who can blame them, they live in a world with laser guns, and space aliens) but whatever it is they are funny to watch, and frankly more than a little disturbing.

2. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I watched the French movie "Martyrs" last night. It might be the best horror movie since Jacob's Ladder, and is easily one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. It's a little bit like Hostel if Hostel was actually well made and had a point.

To put it simply, if you have any interest in horror movies, this is a must see. A movie hasn't had as powerful an effect on me since Requiem for a Dream, and that's my favourite movie of the last ten years.