1. TwinPanther13

TwinPanther13 New Member

Moving Forward

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TwinPanther13, Jul 2, 2008.

Hello all,

You all can call me J and i am glad that I have found this site. for me writing is a return to who i am. I feel sometimes as if I have been gone in a faraway land and that I have finally made it back to my country. Many moons have passed since i have been here and i love the fact that I am back. I hope that i am able to share my style of the craft with you as much as I can. I guess you could say i am hear to move forward. Many friends i have are all college graduates working in careers and they do not know what they want to do with there lives. A lot of them are starting to choose paths that are taking them away from what it is they thought they wanted to do or be. i feel the same way cause college bored me and i di not care for engineering as much as i thought i did. I believe that we as human beings should use the gifts that we are blessed with to determine the paths our lives will go. We are all blessed with some sort of gift, in this life we must learn how to use it to the best of our abilities if we want to be happy. All any of us must do is figure out what true happiness is for each one of us. I hope to get to know many of you and call you friend. To share ideas and learn from those that i consider my peers in this quest for life behind them pen.

2. zorell

zorell New Member

First, welcome to the family, as you will be told later, review before you post.
    Second, proofread before you post, it helps the readers. But back to the fun stuff. Here at the forums, we are a community of writers all trying to help each other improve and strengthen our skills. We are open minded, but honest and we appreciate that in all who join. Please, mingle at the local hot spot, Raven's Tavern, or sample some of the many pieces submitted each day. Mean what you post and be meaningful, or the Mods shall get you. But most of all, enjoy yourself. May your words flow, and you keys never strike back.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello J, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Active Member

Hi, and welcome to the forums. :)
    Enjoy your stay, and feel free to PM me if you need anything.

5. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

[​IMG]

6. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome :)