1. Jacco

Jacco New Member

MS Word Help? Two pages per sheet of paper.

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Jacco, May 9, 2013.

So I'm trying to print my manuscript and I want to make it landscape, two pages per sheet, double sided, so essentially I'll have four pages of the story per one sheet of paper.

The only way I've found to do this is through the print settings. It works fine there, but I don't have a printer capable of double siding so I want to take it to Kinkos or something and print it there. The problem is that their online document submission doesn't have the option to put two pages on one sheet so in order to do that, I need it to be part of the actual document data so when I upload it, the document is formatted like that instead of having the printer do it.

Does any one know how/if this can be done? I have a hard time believing MS wouldn't include an option to compose a document in landscape with two pages per sheet but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms in Google or something. Anyone?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If this is for submission, you need to print one page for sheet, single-sided.

But Word can do what you want. In Word 2010, it's on the File tab, under the Print section.

3. idle

idle Active Member

That online document submission, does it allow other formats than .doc? Maybe you could convert it to PDF so that the PDF file is already two pages per sheet, and then print that.

4. NigeTheHat

NigeTheHat Contributor Contributor

Tell your printer to just print the odd-numbered pages, then put them back into your printer and have it print the even-numbered pages on the other side. Et voila.

Full disclosure: that works on my printer. I don't know if all printers have the same odd/even option.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what are you going to do with those multi-page sheets?

are you going to bind one copy of your book, or what?

6. idle

idle Active Member

The Print dialog in Word allows you to do that, too, regardless of the printer. At least mine does.

My guess is revisions.

7. Jacco

Jacco New Member

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks! :-D

8. Jacco

Jacco New Member

I'm printing it off for my friend who claims (I doubt it) she will read it. So in my doubt I am trying to be as economical as possible so I don't waste a lot of money printing for people who aren't actually going to read it.