1. Ferret

Ferret Contributing Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.

Multiple Projects...

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Ferret, Jun 18, 2007.

Right now I'm working on three things

A play that shouldn't go past three pages.

The script to a comic I never plan on drawing or sending to a publisher.

A SS that might turn into a novel. So, I probably won't post much of it.

So, do you ever find yourself wanting to work on more than one thing at once? Do you budget your time, or what? I'm kinda working on one for about five minutes at at time o_O...
    so, who do you deal with stuff like that.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I use Outlook to set daily tasks. I prioritize tasks and put time slots for them into my daily schedule, leaving slots for contingency items as well.

It also means I have to prioritize tasks off my daily list, unfortunately. I have too many interests, not to mention externally imposed commitments, to do everything I wish!

3. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan Contributing Member

I'm working on:

-7 scripts for my friend's summer movie project
    -All the writing for an ongoing webcomic that another friend is making
    -Two wannabe novels
    -A collection of dark short stories
    -A novella that might be put in the above collection
    -And I've got ideas for more novels, books, and stories then you can imagine.

And my computer is busted while I do all this, so I'm patching everything together from four different computers, none of which is my usual one.

So generally, I just sit down and write whatever I feel like writing. I'm a teen (mostly) so my moods swing often and I wind up getting a lot of work done on a lot of different projects.
    So basically, just write whatever you feel like writing at the time, and everything'll eventually get a move on.

4. satisverborum2003

satisverborum2003 New Member

I'm trying to steer clear of doing multiple projects so that I can complete at least one of them. I've been finding that by doing this, it motivates me to complete my current project so that I can start on the next one. However, I've been writing several short stories along with my main project (A novel with 20,000 word count right now) since short stories takes less time to complete and I can send them for critiquing and submissions to magazines quicker. I've never been a very organized person so the idea of working on a multiple novel wouldn't work for me.

5. sashas

sashas Senior Member

I tried to juggle my music, my movies and my writing at the same time. Made time slots: 2 hours for my guitar, 1 hour for my scriptwork, 2 hours for my writing (its summer so I have lots of hours), plus atleast 100 pagse and a movie a day.

I was dead soon.

So I decided to concentrate on my writing. Give it a shot for a couple of years, if I'm not good, then just quit.
    I've decided to write less now and read more. I have a lot of reading to catch up with.