1. Valkyron

Valkyron New Member

Are these ideas any good?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Valkyron, Apr 20, 2015.

I have a few ideas that I believe could be quite good but I need a decent second opinion. Don't go easy, be as critical as possible.

A modern/fantasy action story about a very non-stereotypical version of apocalypses' four horseman. Hell is overflowing and Death (very cynical and dark humoured) must bring together the rest of the horsemen: War (a female, leather wearing, badass.) ; Famine (an obese, stay-at-home, layabout) and Pestilence (a sharp suit wearing man with OCD) and decide whether to side with the demons of Hell or the Angels of Heaven. Death will also be accompanied by a 'mortal' man with suicidal tendencies who changes his mind throughout the story.

2. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

This actually sounds very familiar. At least your version of the horsemen. And now that I think about it, the rest sounds rather reminiscent of It's a Wonderful life. That said, everything reminds me of something. ;)

3. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Got it! Took me a while as my memory sucks. Your War? She could have been lifted straight out of Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. They refer to their Horsemen as, 'The Horsepersons of the Apocalypse.' :D

If you haven't read it, you should check out War's character page from the Good Omens Lexicon.

4. odolmen

odolmen Member

Giving my 2 cents: I'd so read about a female, sharp-dressing, OCD Pestilence! The badass, leather-wearing War is okay I guess, but it seems to me as though writers are prone to giving a female the "badass" role to get their quotas straight, which way too often ends up in 2-dimensional, trigger-happy "dude-with-boobs" syndrome.

5. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

This stuka's flaming.

Get writing, get it down, get done.

6. Some_Bloke

Some_Bloke Active Member

Sounds like a great idea for a story, I'd love to read it someday.

7. Boger

Boger Senior Member

For a moment it looked like you wanted to write about war through the eyes of horses. Good idea, but not as original as yours.