Tags:
  1. Anonym

Anonym Contributing Member

Music in scenes

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Anonym, Feb 18, 2010.

I was wondering if anyone else thinks of songs that would go good w/ a certain scene in their story?

it may be because i haven't quite committed my story to being a book, movie, vidgame, ect yet, but i like having songs in mind that augment/exemplify the emotional qualia of the scene, even if im not intending for them to ever be paired in publication, if that makes sense. if nothing else, it helps me remember/relate to the feeling of the scene.

as well as in real life, some songs match some situations so perfectly.

anyone else?

2. bahloo

bahloo Member

Yeah I get what you're sayin'. I always like to at least be listening to music while I'm writing, and sometimes I find it makes or breaks a scene. If I'm writing a scene about some people in a meadow by a creek having a picnic, maybe some acoustic/folk music would fit nicely. If I'm trying to think of a battle scene, I might put on some Gangster rap, or heavier music to get my head in a place where ideas about the scene's in question might flow a little easier.

3. Anonym

Anonym Contributing Member

ah, very good point. forgot that end of the spectrum :)

4. Neoaptt

Neoaptt Banned

You could record yourself speaking it aloud then put in the song as background music.

Or you can blast the music so loud that a zombie's skin would fly off.

Either way something is bound to happen.