Music to Write To

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leaka, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Synoran

Synoran New Member

I go about musical inspiration a few ways. If I'm writing a planned out story, I make a playlist on playlist.com that reflects the scenes/emotions in chronological order. Or if I can't find a song for that scene, I use anime/videogame soundtracks. No words, full of emotion.

2. JGraham

JGraham New Member

I find it best to listen to something up beat. For me it is usually Alter Bridge, Shinedown, Disturbed, stuff like that.

3. Iris Reola

Iris Reola New Member

Classical Adventure: Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks

Modern Action: The Dark Knight soundtrack

Varied Fantasy: World of Warcraft soundtracks, Guild Wars soundtracks

Asian Adventure/Action: Inuyasha OST 1

Varied Fantasy II: The Lord of the Rings soundtracks

Modern Fantasy: Harry Potter soundtracks

Adventure Fantasy: The Legend of Zelda soundtracks

4. ryansnake

ryansnake New Member

I'm writing an apocalytpic, horror, tragedy, so I'm usually sitting in my car (on lunch break, mind you) listening to Slipknot, Devildriver, Bullet for my Valentine and Korn. I need it, as do you. Although I am in no way assuming that you'd like any of those bands. I can hardly listen to instrumental music, I need the lyrics.

Oh and if you're interested, for maybe a scene filled with anger and despair, listen to devildriver's 'horn of betrayel'. My god that song is just too epic, the bridge to the end of the song and the end itself... "Your selfless lies. Your selfless wave of sorrow washed over me. Like a sea of new memories." It gives me goosebumps.

5. Prodigy

Prodigy New Member

To get focused, this probably sounds strange, but i listen to Gregorian Chanting. I can think so clearly with it on.

6. Alone And Tired

Alone And Tired New Member

I tend to listen to instrumental bands like Explosions in the Sky to get the creative blood pumping.
    I'm from Northern Ireland and there's a band around called And So I Watch You From Afar. They are definately worth listening to. It's really inspirational stuff

7. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

I usually listen to something rather mellow, yet thought provoking. I prefer Jimi Hendrix, Death Cab For Cutie, and the Killers when it comes to writing.