1. Scott Saunders

Scott Saunders New Member

My big hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Scott Saunders, Nov 27, 2016.

Hey all,

Probably best to start this post by simply saying a big hello to everyone who takes the time to read my little introduction.

Really do hope that this is the forum for me due to my growing desire to create something :)

The only snag is my router to writer happiness, is the fact that I am absolutely terrible at it and need some much-needed help.

Where to start ? Well the hope is that there are some people who can help me with a style (positive the word "I" is used too much in everything I attempt to write) as well as how to structure what I write in order to stop myself giving up half way by being too self-critical.

Call me a noob, beginner etc - really don't mind but do want some direction and as much practical help as possible.

Why am I am learning to write ? The plan is to create some kind of blog about recruitment ( my profession ) and there are loads of hints and tips that can be given out to both potential job seekers and other recruiter's but in order to be as credible as possible - I don't want to write like a 5 year old learning what a keyboard is for :)

So there you go - cards on the table .

Here's to a future of writer happiness (raises glass)

2. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Good luck, Scott

[Mat, born in Rugby 145 years ago, btw]

3. Scott Saunders

Thanks Mat, just hope that this site can help me out :)

Dunno if it's an age thing but I have got this strong desire to start putting words to print.

Scott

NB : Rugby eh ? It's a funny old place that doesn't seem to ever change much.

4. Patsy

Patsy Member

Cheers! (from another new member)

5. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site!

Fixed it for you ;)

6. Scott Saunders

haha - thanks :) so the lesson here is to read what I type before pressing "post" ?

7. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Nope, nope, nope, that was just a self-respect thing. You're not a terrible writer, you're a writer who hasn't had a lot of practice.

... Right?

Though "needed" didn't need to be written twice ;)

8. blklizard

blklizard Member

Hi there!

I recently joined this forum as well. Still waiting before I can post stuff so I'm just exploring and critiquing other people's work. I look forward to critiquing your work and hope you can do the same in return. Though, we both have to wait at least two weeks.

I know the desire to write that gets a bit out of hand. At times, I think I got an addiction. A good addiction but an addition nonetheless. :p