1. AttachedToTheC4

AttachedToTheC4 New Member

My Book Idea.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by AttachedToTheC4, Nov 14, 2011.

Alright sorry if this topic is terrible this is my first time making a post here, anyways i am thinking on making a book that is focused around something like the life of a video game character, how he finds things, lives his life, etc. and have it based around a fantasy storyline(medieval times). so it will be similar to the life of someone but with items and quests that do special things. If you have ever read the book Epic it is where I obtained my idea partially. Birth will be spoken of as character creation. This is as far as I have gotten but if you would critique this it might help.

Thank You,
    AttachedToTheC4

2. Thanshin

Thanshin Active Member

1 Write it. (you'll get other answers that expand on this point)

2 It's not a bad idea. I do think it could be interesting to a certain public.

3 Start writing it and post it to the workshops (once you fulfil the requirements).

3. AttachedToTheC4

Yupp, the more information people have the better the critiquing will get.

4. tjc88

tjc88 New Member

The idea does not matter nearly as much as the execution. Focusing on the quality of your writing, not on if your plot is good enough. You seem to know what you want to write about, so why not just do it? Good luck!

5. Dresden260

Dresden260 Corrupt Diplomat

Sitting by a Fountain, Watching the world go by.
    Write the outline of it then post it here and we can review it and give you pointers. You could also outline the entire chapter then put the flesh on it when you go over it. Thanshin hopefully will not be to harsh in reviewing and neither will I. Take the next two to three weeks to write and then post.

6. digitig

digitig Contributor Contributor

Orpington, Bromley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Terry Pratchett's Only You Can Save the World meets the Goblins webcomic? It could work, it could be terrible. Write it and see.

7. digitig

digitig Contributor Contributor

Orpington, Bromley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Even with an outline, the only sensible comment will be that it's all in the execution.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yes, judging an idea is a waste of time, since a good idea can fail in the hands of a poor writer, and a terrible idea can succeed in the hands of a great one...

9. AttachedToTheC4

:)

Thanks for all the constructive criticism and such guys :) i will hopefully have this started soon, i just gotta cram in time to work on this and write it. I believe this could come at very good. and hey, who know's the book might sell good if I get it published, though i am jumping way to far ahead, again thanks, Go ahead and add ideas here that you think might be neat, I'll post an outline soon hopefully and that should give you more to criticize(did i spell that right?)

Have a Nice Day,
    AttachedToTheC4