my final post

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Misstikal, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I would just like to let members know that if they would like any feedback on their work, they need only pm and I am more than happy to obligue and offer what I can to help.

Targaddon I do not disagree with you on reviewing members work more at all and I will make more of an effort to get around to reviewing more work members post in all areas of the forum and not just the poetry section of the forum.

~Torana

2. Targaddon

Targaddon Banned

Sounds good to me.:)

3. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Nah... she knows that I was only joking. I will agree that Ferret's conduct wasn't what was expected of a moderator, however, he has issued an apology and is making an attempt to put things right. Nobody is perfect, we're only human and we all have our bad days, where we do and say things that we regret later on. Us moderators are no different.

At least Ferret realised his mistake, and is making an effort. It showed character to make the apology, and we should be pleased that he did rather than continue to have a go about what he apologised for.

4. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Sorry but I don't trust him. His bad day lasted weeks and enough is enough.
    But then its good that he recognised his errors but still i think maybe you should be rethinking his status and im sure in truth you agree there kit

5. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, with all honesty, who can u really trust on here, haunter?
    and do u ppl really think that banning the bad guys will solve the problem?
    there are ways to get around a banning, u should think about it a bit more

but thats besides the point. i joined this forum in december, and at that time it was a good forum, i always got feedback on my poetry. and now, whenever i try to post anything it goes on untouched, while everyother poem around it is read and replied to. now if this is due to my ongoing depressing and dark poetry then im srry, but thats just who i am. now, idk wut u guys r doing to fix this problem, but this forum has gone to the.... and it seriously needs to be cleaned up...because u may begin to lose members due to ur problems

6. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Starting with getting ferret down graded for a start he doesn't deserve the title he knows it or why post up the opology and so do the other mods.

regarding the dark poetry. Now funny you say that that started to happen to me. seems everyone wants the feedback but just don't want to give it. notice how its all the friend members that feedback each other while the rest are left out in the cold.

I really like to write alot of dark poetry.

7. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

yes, so u c, this reallly sux.
    i really want some feedback here, and i would even be happy with the garbage ones because at least id be getting something.
    i always need some sort or critique on my poems, i mean, i may not change them for many months but i do eventually get around to fixing them. but still, i feel this is wrong that no one comments on poetry anymore, especially mine

8. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Have you two asked the reviewers to critique your poems? As they've said they'd be more than happy to do so...

9. E-bow

E-bow Banned

Yea its that guy E-bow.

Haunter, I think you take things a little too personal.
    A few months back near when you started here, I remember a couple of people giving you CONSTRUCTIVE criticism on one of your poems, and you threatened never to post here again. What was all that about! Actually I'll quote you.

"First of all I care not whether you like it or dislike my grammer. This is how I work at poetry I write as the poem pops into my head from the inspiration that inspires me. Some of my pieces will be very well written were as others are not.

I can write I assure you of that but if i were getting money for this piece like some of my others then id clean it up with what not.

Its a poem only a poem not a story just one poem so it needs no extra work either you liked the concept or you didn't.

Now if this is how you feel about my poems thats fine. I shall never post them here again that way you will be happy and So will I."

...Dude get over yourself. I understand some people on here have made outrageous comments, but given your personality it seems you take anything that isn't an applause as spiteful negative comments.

Ariella left because she was blame for ruining a few forums or something. Not because of this. I think she also implied to me that some people were being quite nasty to her specifically, but not her work.

As to giving critiques, well I can't be held responsible. I've only posted one poem in the past 4 months, and have only been browsing this site, not really contributing as I haven't felt inspired to write. There are many people on this forum who do a lot to help and give constructive criticism to all writers on here. Obviously they can't do it alone, but I think you overlook them. I won't name any here (Isis I love you) but I think you're making this problem out to be bigger than it truly is.

10. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Can you please report posts which you deem to have no value to the authors?

I have came across crits before that could be taken as insulting, so I would ask you to clickity the report button

Recently I have tried to address all the reported posts and as the poetry section is quite big, it would be much easier if you could report a post which may be insulting/ useless to the author and then we can address it, warn the user if need be

Thank you

11. Onoria Westhrop

Onoria Westhrop New Member

Let's not make a drama out of a crisis. People are going to have disagreements and fall outs, and I'm happy to see differing view points on the site. I think some people find detailed, line by line grammar checks insulting, others find some of the work posted offensive to the point of wanting to say something.
    I would be v. sad to see Dropbear Oz go, because they're a long standing member who has given as well received from the site - a real survivor of the site turnover of members. Banning Crazy Ivan? I'm not sure about that, perhaps a little harsh. I don't know the details of the row in question.
    You might have noticed that of late I haven't being doing in depth reviews on the novel threads. There are a lot of personal reasons in the meat world (I moved country and job) and a few technical reasons (English isn't my first language etc.). I think more than flamming - it's the assymetry of the relationships that worries me. I remember one girl who mainly wrote Harry Potter fanfic who posted one story, which I made the effort of a 45 minute review for - a nice, generous, detailed review. She never critted anything for anyone in return and left the site soon after.
    I think we could use stronger guidelines on the crit-to-post ratio. Even if the review is just "good" or "hi five", it'd grease the wheels of social interaction on the site.

12. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Seriously, this kinda crap needs to stop. Come on guys! Your post wasnt deleted I LOCKED it because I dont think we need to have a bunch of threads whining about how crappy the forums are.

IF you have issues with it and it sucks, then leave. Seriously, I used to be a lot more active but frankly this kinda stuff just makes me wanna spew obscenities at people.

Just write...stop worrying about who likes who, whos a pedophile, whos a jerk.

I find it EXTREMELY innapropriate to start talking smack about people like mamma just because you dont like her or you think she thinks shes great. How damn immature is that?

I see a whole lot of people who are here for the writing and im not doing this anymore. I am going to focus on the good folks who come here to have their work read and want to offer some advice and help also.

Im gonna lock this again. If you have a problem with a user take the problem to a mod or the admin. If any of you see bad crits or rude crits REPORT IT.

If someone offends you...REPORT IT

But stop whining about it in the open forums.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.