1. eg8hardcore

eg8hardcore Member

My First Novel Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by eg8hardcore, Oct 4, 2014.

Ok, I'm writing my first novel. I'm having an extremely hard time and I'm not overly confident in my abilities, but it's something I really want to do. I'm making this thread because sometimes putting my fingers on the keyboard and letting things flow out helps me more than I thought possible. Sometimes as I start typing, things I never expected just flow into being.

I was having the hardest time coming up with character profiles, so I went to a random name generator, pulled two names, and started typing my prologue. I was amazed at how well it came out. When I started rereading it I kept adding more and subtracting some to each paragraph. Before I knew it, I set the story in motion.

My goal is to have my prologue 90% complete by 10/10/14. I think this will tel me if I have what it takes to actually write an entire novel.

My second goal is to have all of the character profiles completed for my mains by 10/16/14.

As I progress I will post updates. I will also post my prologue when I finish with it here.

update 10/06/14 Here is my rough draft of my prologue

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. eg8hardcore

eg8hardcore Member

Here goes, this is extremely rough, and a lot of changes will be made but I wanted to get this out there, so I can hold myself accountable. I hope that you all enjoy this brief little prologue

Attached Files: