1. Tiamat384

Tiamat384 Member

My Journal: The Beginning to a New Tale of All Within the Realms of the World

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Tiamat384, Feb 22, 2016.

Greetings everyone, I have very recently begun (just yesterday) to type a tale which can not be very well defined just yet as there are a mere two and a half pages about and slowly being developed. There are many things I have yet to consider. To give an overview of what I have in store:

There will be forms of romance, but this will be far from a romantic novel. Sex will also be present, and probably the primary form of romance, but will be described in a poetic fashion of ecstasy. Violence to a degree will also be described, as will be the daily things in life.
    Oh yes and there may be a vampire (certainly).

Plans for Plot Development: Mass and Sex (and drinking by the vampire) will be the things that bring about major revelations, though not always within themselves. Daily issues will be there to create the world on the other hand.

Short Term Goals: (Hopefully to be completed by the end of Week 1 which the final day of is the upcoming Saturday; 2/27/16)
    -Names for MC's
    -Country chosen/city
    -Non-vampyric's occupation known to writer
    -Plot Goals (subsection to Short Term)
    -End of Mass.
    -Area Surrounding Church
    -Encounter (MC's)
    -***There may be more, but it is unclear how the encounter will take place nor the reactions.

Long Term Goals: (By the End of the First Four Weeks; 3/19/16)
    -Character's Relationship Set Up
    -First Couple Feedings
    -***These are highly set to change and will be updated as time goes by and more is learned of the world and characters by the writer.

End Term Goals:
    -Plot-wise the first paragraph MAY be the end goal.
    -Perhaps a secondary subplot for one of the MC's, or both.
    -A tale that is mundane in its drawing of the world, grotesque in its feeding, romantic in its ecstatic sex.

This journal is here for two reasons, the latter of which causes me to be nervous, though the first does too.
    1. I am putting this here to make sure I know where I am headed and what I have planned and to see how I am actually progressing to how I should be progressing (time wise).
    2. To obtain input from fellow members (through PM) on my goals and the very beginning which I will post here at the bottom containing with it all the alternative words I have in mind.

Enjoy.

Excerpt:

There is a certain sadness in her eyes deep in the sea of immortality unlike any other. There is nothing that remains in this realm that could remind any that had passed her of such...dark beauty. Where there was nothingness, where there was darkness. There she was alone in the night in pursuit of a soul. There is an emptiness within her beating heart, that beats no more, that could not be filled with all the droplets of water in the clouds of the sky or those droplets stirring through creeks and rivers into lakes and oceans. An emptiness filled by blood remaining unquenched. It is her veins that are the thrashing rivers of the world, her silky hair that falls freely nestling her cheeks and down her back, it is her dress of night that is the darkness that enshrouds the world when the Sun sets and the Moon rises with a pale white glare and the companionship of stars that keep the world enlightened to the barest of extents. And it is her eyes that are these mighty celestial bodies that shine and are visible at all moments of the day with one being dominant of the other at other hours. As the moonlight glistens in the void above that shroud of eternal dark that covers her breasts, those slight gentle mountains with a thin valley keeping separate the two white as snow as the whole of her body, and that shroud which covers near the whole world save her feet upon which she could have glided on. And as such was covered, as had I adorned to contrast the paleness of her errorless(smooth) skin with the void of the night. Void of love and of hate, of soul and of blood.

That day there was no blue, no sky, no Sun. That day no such thing could exist. Had they existed the horror would not have befallen me and I, I a mere man birthed to some mere weeks before, would not have entered a realm to which did not exist anymore than the realm of Valhalla existed to the Holy Men I had gone to visit. No. No blue, no sky and no Sun that day to speak of. Rain pattered down on the roof/top of the Holy House as a crowd(mass) gathered and their skins reflected the light of the burning wax sticks atop chandeliers, what a perilous form of lighting so high up near the wooden top for the sake of elegance, and at front and center upon the altar where the Holy Men would soon be before the mass, of which I was, with their rears to the Sacrifice. The Sacrifice, made of cut tree in the shape of Burden and a man hanging off it, represented death for all and absolution for each. The walls and floor and top complete of tree and unseldom(often) to be devoured by heat. Save the altar and (the) chandeliers no decorative forms could be discovered lest the simplicity of it all be found elegant by some eye. The rain pattered down with far more furious attack(aggression) than prior to the extent of which the mass fell to their knees, their hands stuck flat together, their heads fallen down as if to avoid the glance of eyes of some Epic Lord standing above them and all around whispers; the vocals as of demons (daemons). And I, I sat down removing my hat in respect to being beneath the top.

Glancing round the mass I beheld a sight of faith undeniable, undisturbed till disturbed by a silent, but thunderous (in relation to the level of sound within the walls/room), steps entering the altar of a being dressed in a black (?) cassock with buttons from top to bottom, numbered thirty-three, covering much like a lady's dress. To this sound and sight all rise, save I who slowly, very slowly follows suit in respect to the daily duties. The being starts to mutter some sounds as my mind sauntered someplace away with tales of days prior to where I was a child(?).

The Sun was risen above and to it I looked only to be scolded by searing blindness and my mother. My mother's hand flatly striked the top of my head, which was guarded by a gentle layer of hair, and scoldingly questioned, "For what reason do you look at the bright sky? To be blinded like a fool?" To which I innocently answered, "Mama, but I wanted to see the eye of..." And so my mother curtly interrupted, "You can not see Him and if you could, you could see him all around not only up there. Soon you will go pray to him and confess all you did wrong and make sure not to misbehave in His House." "Okay mama. Will papa take me with him to go fishing when we get back? He promised." "He is busy and could not even make it to come with us to pray," was the answer given to me. "But mama he promised." "Shh. We're going inside."

2. Tiamat384

Tiamat384 Member

Well, this past week has had almost no progress (so a week late) due to other obligations and lack of sleep. This week (and especially the upcoming weekend) should provide the time required to fulfill the goals of the past week and the semi-planning out of the Encounter.

3. Tiamat384

Tiamat384 Member

Another week has come and gone with some developments. The mass has ended and the MC has managed to return home. The goals have been largely met with as follows:
    -The MC's have placeholder names that may become the final names.
    -The country has been chosen.
    -The male MC's occupation is unknown yet to me.
    -The mass has ended.
    -Vague description provided to the area around the Holy House.
    -Encounter has not occurred, but is planned.

Goals for the current week to be completed up to 3/12/16:
    -Scene(s) prior to the Encounter (including Nightmare scene)
    -The Encounter
    -Description of MC's home

4. Tiamat384

Tiamat384 Member

The past week has been filled with a couple of midterms and an illness (still ongoing, but much better now) and as a result progress has been very slow though this also due to the scene at hand which is likely to be edited very much. The scene in question is the Entrance scene in which the first MC enters his home. From getting the key, opening the door, providing a brief description of the room based off the memory of the MC, taking off hat, shoes and coat and entering the room and sitting down and grabbing a hot beverage. This is the most difficult scene so far (only about 2800-2900 words in, but regardless) because it is so mundane and placements have to be made regarding door(s) and furniture. This is the layout made. Very, very basic and without proper measurements.
    Writing House.png I'm very excited about writing the two scenes following this 1/1.5 very mundane one(s) and may rush these to get to those and edit these after the Encounter is complete. It is doubtful that any of these scenes will be complete by 3/19/16 even though they were originally planned to be complete by 3/12/16 and this is due to school work and life. However, planning out the mundane scenes will occur and will possibly be completed by 3/19/16 and ideas will be conceived on the nightmare scene(s) while the Encounter awaits to be fleshed out.

Have to say that despite my own loathing of what has been written I simply must continue for the sake of seeing what happens and hopefully I manage to fix it up once this draft is complete.

5. Tiamat384

Tiamat384 Member

My mind always slips with the timing so it seems I've never been able to produce a summary of the progress done on time(on Saturdays). This time there has actually been more progress done than expected. The Encounter has not been reached, but the Entrance scene is coming along beyond the planning board(which is complete), but has even come to produced partly though there are two options with it. Either it will be altered or it will be scrapped and completely redone. The primary issues with the scene is the redundancy of the wording in the separate paragraphs and whether or not the scene actually does what it is supposed to do. So, for now progress on the scenes will end(for this week only), but not progress for the story/novel. Instead of moving forward I will write up an alternate version of the Entrance scene and then decide which of the two work better. With the new version I will work for a darker feeling than the current one where there are random ramblings and musings though at the same time I will look to incorporate the "dancing flames" either in the new version or some other part of the work.

I expect to have this alternate version done by this Saturday(3/26/16) and at the very least I will have it planned out more specifically(simply figuring out the emotions that should be felt and general progression of emotions through the scene). While working on this I will also have figured out a general plan for what will be completed over the course of April. That leaves me about a week to get as far into the story as I can though I won't get up to what was supposed to be completed by March 21,2016. Slow progress, but getting there.

6. Tiamat384

Tiamat384 Member

I had actually realized that it was Saturday(when it was), but decided to push back the update till today simply because there wasn't any progress. Currently there has been progress as the progression and purpose of emotions within this scene has been made out and there has been plenty of progress mentally as I have been greatly boosted with a desire to write again. I keep falling behind on the schedule I set due to exhaustion, school , lack of school and lack of a desire to write. As I type this up I am preparing to rest, but will be pondering the continuation and dreaming of the images within. This is not the official To Do List for April, but the end goal will likely be The Encounter. This gives plenty of room to write about 5-10 pages(printed out, but about double in terms of a book). The Encounter will mark a change(likely) in the style of the story from being based completely on thoughts(and descriptions) to containing dialogue.

It is again likely that The Encounter will not be complete, but with a 25 page paper due for school hopefully it can be understood. Along with a shorter 5 page and 3 pages every week and likely another paper for another class. As you can see my schedule is rather filled and all the while concern over registration for next semester. Around mid May there should be a boost and over three months I will be steaming through the story.

Well, before I go on another tangent I will say good night to you all(does anyone even care really?).

P.S. For this Saturday I will have put in thought for the scene I will be rewriting and perhaps begin rewriting. I am excited believe me, but so many other things and time to time there is just that writer's block.