1. bonijean2

bonijean2 Ancient Artists And Storytellers Rock

my official introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bonijean2, Jul 11, 2016.

Since I have been reading and responding to several threads for the past couple of weeks now, I thought it would be a good time to officially introduce myself. I am a semi-retired school teacher and now have more time for the things I love the most such as writing historical fiction, reading and researching, working on art projects, gardening, and spending quality time with family and friends.

I have been working on my novel for over two years now and truthfully am not entirely convinced that it will be finished even in the next two years. It is based primarily on the anthology of a very old branch of the Celtic race (including their secret origins) and the profoundly aggressive plan that was launched in the 10th century AD to not only seize the sacred lands of their far-away realm but also to wipe out any trace of their ancient culture and it's Magdalean "right to rule" royal queen. Hopefully, as I begin to post sections of each chapter I will get plenty of feedback to help me improve not only the mechanics of my writing but all other aspects of my writing style as well. I sincerely have enjoyed being a member of this forum already -

2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Welcome.
    I really like the sound of that book, so I can't wait to see it!

3. bonijean2

Thanks Carly and I.A. for your supportive comments.

4. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Hi @bonijean2,

I missed this but you sound lovely. I am also right next to you on the 'when will I finish my novel' queue...only on more thought, I may be much further down the order. *sniffles*

For some reason I have images of a lady in a rose garden, tending to her flowers and then going to sit on the patio with some tea and cakes as she enjoys to beauty of her labour. All the while, she is typing leisurely away about her far away realm. Can I join you?

My own roses never survive, I don't like tea and I can't bake to save my life... I'd much rather be hanging out with you. hehe

I am joking.

I genuinely look forward to reading your works if you care to share and I highly recommend entering and voting in the WF biweekly competitions: https://www.writingforums.org/writing-contests/

Hope to see you post about,

Linny

5. bonijean2

LinnyV - yes, you can join me anytime, thanks! Also, I look forward to posting parts of my novel for helpful feedback by members.