1. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Concerts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ValianceInEnd, May 27, 2008.

I just got back from an Iron Maiden concert which was absolutely incredible! I was curious if any of you are planning on seeing any concerts or have memories of an really great past concerts.

2. Raven

Raven Banned

Well I'm off to See marillion when they launch their new tour this year promoting their new album. that will be august. I've already prepaid for the tickets from their site.

Then Later its Joan Jett and the blackhearts in argentina and since thats just a hop across the ocean from me I'm off to see her again. And she is really good.

Wayne Hussey from the Mission is also playing in argentina this year so I'll be off to see him. Since he lives in brazil Argie is always a good spot for him.

I'm also planning on see the Cult early next year followed by Within Temptation and Nightwish.

3. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Next I have lined up is the double header Fleet Foxes / Beach House next month as well as the My Bloody Valentine reunion tour at the end of June too. The last I went to which was pretty good was Gravenhurst - but the best I think I've seen I'd say would be Godspeed! You Black Emperor.

4. Cicero

Cicero Banned

I'm planning to see Nightwish pretty soon. Two of my most memorable concerts were Trans-Siberian Orchestra ( So awesome. They even made busted the power supply and we had to wait an hour to finish the show. Even more awesome. ), and Dream Theater ( Just because they're all virtuosos. )

5. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Nice man. Joan Jett is really cool!

6. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

Nickelback puts on an awesome, awesome show. My old roommate and I went to one of their shows last summer and it was totally amazing and definitely worth the price! I'm hoping to go again sometime soon.

7. Raven

Raven Banned

You could say I'm a bit of a fan. I always have been straight from the 80s to now.

8. Frost

Frost Active Member

I Killed The Prom Queen June 3rd
    Children of Bodom June 28th
    Opeth September 4th
    The Paper and The Plane Queens Birthday Weekend (forget the date)(maybe)

I recently missed the likes of Gyroscope, Brand New, etc etc... shattered.

9. Cicero

Cicero Banned

Opeth and Children of Bodom!!!

10. companionableills

companionableills New Member

(I love telling this concert story so bear with me)
    I've loved The Saw Doctors since hearing them when I visited Ireland. They were in my state over my 14th birthday weekend in a tiny little dive of a place. You needed to be 21 to get in but my dad sweet talked the owner and they gave me a wristband and let me in. The stage was about a foot high and I was right in front - I made eye contact with every member of the band. The owner told them it was my birthday and two of them gave me their guitar picks after the set, and after the show I got to go around back to the tourbus and meet them. I saw them again at a bigger venue a year later, but there were only 5 or 6 people there to see them so it was still a small, intimate show. One of my favorite memories.
    I'm seeing a concert in a few weeks but it's a tiny local band I don't know (I'm going for a friend's birthday party). They're called What Laura Says, Thinks and Feels.

11. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

My favourite concert memory is Tori Amos - she even played the song for which I was named :eek: (total coincidence of course, but it was awesome none the less :)).

A lot of the bands that tour Australia never make it to Adelaide, but if Led Zeppelin ever bring another reunion concert my way.... I'll be there. :D

12. the norse atlantic saga

the norse atlantic saga New Member

Billy Bragg put on the best performance, with Ted Leo a close second.

I have seen many shows in the past few years, too, so drawing specific ones from my mind is difficult. Bad Religion was memorable - in 2004, I think. Brett Gurewitz climbed into a cage and started dancing while playing.

I have a garage punk/r'n'r band (MC5, Stooges, etc.) and we have begun to play shows around town as well. It has been a lot of fun so far.