1. writer one

writer one Member

My problems with writing.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by writer one, Sep 25, 2015.

When I write the way I write and following others writing I see in each sentence a subject and a predicate or a reason for the subject. How can there be a orderly way to write when there is a subject and predicate in every sentence? I would think in any story there is a subject a middle and a end. If the middle of the story is the reason why the writer writes I can understand that but when in each sentence there is a subject and reason why he or she wrote this, then they are repeating the subject and predicate in every sentence.

Am I the only one who sees this? writer one

2. Bookster

Bookster Banned

I don't really understand. Can you provide a short example?

3. writer one

writer one Member

Your sentence proves what I said. In your sentence it has one subject and one predicate. All sentences have the same. I believe in the subject the middle and a end when writing. writer one

4. writer one

writer one Member

I seem to be missing sentence structure will work on that. writer one

5. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I'm kinda baffled too - Are you trying to get around the pattern? When I write I'm more focused on the scene I'm trying to establish -
    Ivor pounded Noir to a pulp.
    Not -
    Mc verb Mc preposition determiner noun.

If it starts to all sound the same I rearrange the wording according to what flows best. Sound-wise or action-wise.

Imaginarily likes this.
  6. writer one

writer one Member

Sentence structure seems to be my problem. The meaning of the word is not the expression of the history of the word. It seems the writer creates the words so the reader will understand what the writer said without misunderstanding. It would seem the subject is the main body of the piece and the writer creates the words necessary so the reader understands what the writer meant?

My other problem is nouns adjectives and the like they confuse me terribly. Can a word take the place in a sentence as a verb or noun, by that I mean the word cat which is a noun, also using synonyms in the place of words that have history meanings, could this work as well? writer one