1. Raven

Raven Banned

When Did You Join And Why?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Oct 24, 2007.

A survey if you like

what compelled you to join?

2. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

I joined in April 2007 because I was totally bored and one of my friends who is a member on lots of forums told me to look for a forum that had something to do with a hobby of mine. The first thing I thought of was writing so I googled "writing forum" and here I am :D

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I joined in December 2006!

What compelled me to join? I wanted to join a community that also happened to help with developing my writing skills. Which it has.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I have attended college (nights) foir the last couple of years, and as it drew to a close, I wanted to keep up my hand in writing. College writing isn't the same thing, of course. I've always enjoyed a good story, and have always wished I were better at creating them.

So in May of this year, I finished my last class toward my degree, and looked for a writing forum to try to improve my creative writing. This was the first one I found, and have never regretted not casting a wider net in my search.

5. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I joined in January 2007 because I was setting up my own forum (now defunct) with some friends and I wanted to see how an established site was run and organised. I found I enjoyed participating more than stressing over attracting members and remained a member here.

6. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I joined February 2007

My sister and I have been writing for a few years, and we would read our stories over the phone to one another for advice or send them via email. She looked for a fantasy writing forum, and was there a couple months (telling me how helpful it was) before I decided to find a forum... more fit to my writing style. I am not that stoked on writing fantasy, but I do enjoy reading it. I searched for a general writing site that was straight forward, and found this one was perfect. I find this site is based around writing, but every thread wasn't always about how to fix that, and how to fix this. I love the balance it has. It is great how you can make friends, but still can depend on them to set friendship aside when voting or giving you some hard advice. I tried my sisters fantasy forum, and am still a member, but I found it is really hard to get around, and I had Html codes coming out of my butt. I still liked the site though, but decided to only visit this site because I was on the computer all day trying to keep active in both. My sister is now a member of this site as well, trying us out, and I hope she will stay around because it is nice to finally be reviewing each others stories again.
    cheers.
    (whoa that was a lot of typing.)

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Ouch!

8. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

hahahahaha

9. Weaselword

Weaselword Banned

10. Candice Dionysus

Candice Dionysus New Member

When did you join and why?
    A couple days ago... I should say in my profile, shouldn't it? I dunno. XD Anyways, October 2007, at any rate.
    Basically I wanted a place where I could network with other writers, make friends in the writing community, and find some good reviews/critiques for my work, because I'm always trying to better myself.
    I think I've found exactly what I've been looking for.

What compelled you to join?
    I took a look around at things, the community, the forums and sub-forums, and so on... I saw what a great place this is, and I felt I needed to be a part of it.

11. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

When Did You Join And Why? i joined in Decemer last year i think and i joined because i had always been told by people that my writing was good and i wanted to find out if it was just them being polite or if it was any good. that was my initial reason for joining.
    what compelled you to join? nothing to be honest with ya, i tend to join things, then look around. not a very smart thing to do as i end up joining about 100 different things and like only about 2. :p

12. dushechka

dushechka New Member

When? I honestly don't remember.. I'm thinking March or April? {Actually July.. imagine that...}
    Why? Because I've never been a part of a writing forum before and it seemed fun.

13. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

... joined whenever it says i did on the left, up there... because wf.com was down for a while and this was started about then, i think, to fill the gap...

what compelled you to join?

...having respect for the guys/gals i 'knew' from wf.com who started/touted it... and due to the deteriorating climate over there, which finally caused me to have to drop out completely... this is a much friendlier and less combative site [so far]...

14. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I joined in January 2007, shortly after starting to write.

The reason I joined was to get some advice as needed, and to see if my ideas were good ones. After about a week it became more a place to hang out then anything.

15. Montag

Montag New Member

I joined in 09-03-2007 because the forum where I used to go to has a pretty poor writing section, and the people arent very helpful. I went to google and put in 'Writing Forums', and this came up. I had a look around, and decided to stay. I still go to the other forms sometimes though, there are some real whackos there. ;)

16. Kit

Wow... I thought mosta the crazy people resided here.

17. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

When?: A few weeks ago. (Not sure exactly)
    Why?: I was looking for a new writing forum as the one I was on before was full of Ass****s (not trying to start a forum war, but they where, I seen a 50 year old who had been writing all his life slagging off a 14 yearold!) and the people here didn't seam so harsh so I thought 'What the hell' and signed up... I feel like i'm fitting in well.

18. Kit

Well i'm glad you're fitting in better in here and I do hope that you stick around :D

PS: Stop double posting!! :mad::mad:

Lmao. Don't worry, i'm not going to shoot you - yet. :)

19. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I joined up here in March this year :p I had joined a few forums before hand. Authors By Design was the first place I visited and quite a few others to be honest.
    I had my time planned out so I could visit each of the forusms, but over time I decided to say my goodbyes to most of them and spend most of my time here. I was an admin of a forum that contained over 20,000 members until it sadly closed it's doors for good. That was when all my time was devoted to here basically.

I've never been a member of an online community that is so welcoming, friendly and informative all at the same time. I guess that is the main reason I am still here. Cause you are all so darn awesome :p:p:p lol

20. Kit

Awww shuck, thanks hun :D

21. Torana

You are most berry welcome Kit :p tee hee

22. Kit

Woooooooo sorry i'm hyper... sugary sweets at work :D

23. Torana

I can'[t get hyper cause I'd scream the house down if I did lol

24. Kit

Lmao... besides I told you to stay in bed and rest :p Do not disobey me *Sticks tongue out*

25. Torana

*pouts* yes mommy! Whatever you say mommy!