1. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

My very possible stepping down: Important Short Story Contest Note

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Archives' started by Lemex, Jul 9, 2013.

As some of you might know, I will very likely have to step down as moderator of WritingForums.org, and administrator of the short story contest this September when I return to university. This thread is just to make everyone aware of this, and to notify that I've started looking for a replacement to me to make the likely transition smoother on everyone.

Also, this thread is to ask, are any of you interested in taking over the Short Story Contest? I think regular users can be given moderator-style powers, so the question is an open one: could you take charge of the short story contest if I have to step down?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Damn. You are not replaceable.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I would consider taking over the short story contest. Not sure I've been here long enough to qualify, but I'm willing to put my name in for consideration. Looks like I could just read your past examples for direction.

4. AVCortez

AVCortez Active Member

Can the new person use your avatar to prevent any metathesiophobic episodes?

While I haven't been here long I think I can speak for everyone when I say a big thank you for taking the time out of your days to maintain this contest. It will be sad to see the wolf go.

As you no doubt already know, GingerCoffee always conducts herself with the utmost maturity, and is often involved in the short story contest. I think she would make a great contest moderator in the event that you do need to step down.

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Well, not exactly, :p , but without any mod type duties I should be able to play nice. ;)

6. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Thanks man. :) Means a lot. I don't honestly want to, but I will be in teacher training and want nothing to distract me from it.

It isn't really that hard, and can be rewarding.

Why thank you. :) And sure, if they want. It would be cool to see another wolf around here.