1. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Mysterious star

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Jack Asher, Oct 14, 2015.

2. Starfire Fly

Starfire Fly Member

Cool, thanks for sharing. I look forward to learning what they discover. I do think it seems a little strange that they'd build that many enormous structures collecting solar energy, though. I assume it would take quite a lot to interfere with their star's light to even this degree.

3. tonguetied

tonguetied Contributor Contributor

Obviously they are building a fleet of warships, charging up their batteries and will be on their way here to attack us very soon! We are afterall at the center of the universe, everything circles around us so there can be no other explanation. The conclusion that it maybe an alien race because they happened to observe something unique among 150,000 other stars seems a bit of a stretch. Give it a few years and another more logical explanation will probably be suggested. I do like the story and it does give us more things to think about; spicing it up with talk of aliens does make it eye catching.

4. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributor Contributor

That's a bit pessimistic. Perhaps they are the local Avon representatives for this part of the galaxy, and they're planning to come here to sell us space makeup and toiletries.

tonguetied likes this.