Tags:
  1. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

The Last Free Frontier

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MissAnndroid, Jun 15, 2012.

Plot:

The country of Dehzjar ("Day-zhar") is struggling for freedom. Known for being the last free country on the planet of Millenia, Dehzjar is finding itself under constant and heavy attack from the opposing alien force known as the Xelphoid ("Zel-Foid"), a gruesome looking band of planetarian terrorists. But, as Rovan Xelpho, the Xelphoid emperor, gathers his army of aliens and alien monsters, the monarchy of Dehzjar, the Rylencians, gathers it's most fierce and head-strong alien fighters from all across the planet whom are willing to fight the oppressive Xelphoid militia.

After the last heart-wrenching battle between Emperor Xelpho and King and Queen Rylencia, Princess Aries Rylencia is crowned Queen as her parents had fallen dead at the hands of the evil alien Emperor. The newly crowned queen is only seventeen years of age (relative in Earth years), but has the fighting spirit of a general who has seen years on the battlefield. Her alien powers exceed those of her late parents but honing them as quickly as she must could prove to be a challenge.

Now, it is up to Queen Aries Rylencia to gather her troops from all sides of the alien planet to stop this hateful force from taking over the entire planet and enslaving all that live on it. Who will be brave enough to stand by her side? Who will be brave enough to oppose her?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A New Beginning/ Setting:

Our story begins as Queen Aries holds a meeting, welcoming every alien force from every nation to support the Dehzjarian army. The meeting is being held within the Grand Hall of the Rylencian Palace in the center of Dehzjar. Queen Aries, just accepting the crown, introduces herself to those unacquainted with her and allows each brave fighter the chance to introduce him/herself and his/her abilities. The Xelphoid plan to strike again tonight and tonight will be the first battle of many...until Emperor Xelpho himself makes his appearance on the battlefield, in which he will either find himself Emperor of an entire planet, or Emperor of 6 feet under ground.

The sky is the limit in this RPG. Go crazy with creativity! Your character can be from ANY planet, ANY alien race (or human if you'd prefer), and can be for good, for evil or for stuffing his face with food! I don't care! It's all about fun!!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Rules:

Rules
    No controlling other characters without permission. (In most cases).
    First post: character template in the Discussion Forum.
    Before posting character, send to GM for approval. Do NOT post until you have received approval.
    Read all prior posts before posting.
    All questions directed to GM.
    Length rule: at least two or three paragraphs, enough to progress the story.
    No killing off other characters without permission from the player AND GM.
    No insults please!
    No GOD-MODING
    Discuss issues, out of character posts, and questions in the Discussion Thread.
    Edit before posting, and be sure your post is not difficult to understand.
    GM’s word is law, and GM has final say on all problems.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Character Template

Name:
    Alien Origin: (or if human, write Human here)
    Appearance:
    Typical Clothing:
    Personality Description:
    Occupation in Village:
    Alien Abilities:
    Extra: (write about home planet/village here if you'd like

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved

3. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

The Gathering In The Grand Hall

The region of Dehjzar on the alien planet of Millenia had never seen so many strange faces before. After the newly crowned Queen Aries Rylencia had called an international emergency meeting, the place was over-run with beasts and warriors, both large and small. The remaining leaders of once free countries had come running to the sanctuary of Dehjzar's walls, where no Xelphoid had reign...yet.
    Thus far, four out of all of Millenia's five regions were now occupied with Xelphoid armies and their generals. Every head of every monarchy had been severed and slung to the floor by the relentlessly ruthless alien emperor, Emperor Rovan Xelpho. A young emperor with a world to gain and everything to prove. The only head he had left to sever was that of Queen Rylencia. But, she wouldn't be giving that up without a tough fight. And, she knew her fight wasn't just for her own life, our her own countries life... but for the life, the freedom, of the entire planet.

"This is your fault! This your undoing!" The ugly Gorbochs of the Mihjon ("Meh-zhon") region would growl at the fair-featured Dyreens of the Oshjon ("Osh-zhon") region.
    "No! This is because of them!" The troll-like aliens, the Maugrims, would scream at the Baugrims, their cousin species, both of the Aujgoo ("Auh-zhoo") region. The squabbling and grovelling was excruciating as it echoed off the huge dome-like walls of the Dehjzarian Grand Hall.

Queen Rylencia rubbed her temples for a moment before she let out a humongous roar. "EVERYONE! SHUUTTT UPPPP!!!!" She screamed, her voice the sound of 10,000 voices. The Grand Hall fell silent and all alien eyes were averted to the beautiful alien queen. She sighed and slowly rose from her throne, her hand maidens at her side. She began to pace in front of her throne, lost in thought for a brief moment before she continued to speak.

"This is it, my inhabitants of Millenia. Right now, you stand in the very last free region of our planet." She began, her face far more serious than her age would allow you to think. "Right now, in your homelands, in your villages, Xelphoid soldiers desecrate your names by destroying everything you've built. They've killed or enslaved your families. They've taken your kings and your queens and burned them into ashes. The Xelphoid is a plague, ladies and gentlemen. And we.. WE can be the cure to this infection!" She cried out, her words as powerful as any warrior there. "The Xelphoid will return to claim their final region. They will return to claim my crown and enslave you all. Or at least they think they will. Let's set aside these differences. Let's ban together and show this force that we too are a force to be reckoned with!!"

After a brief silence, the aliens roared with applause. Queen Rylencia nodded with approval.

"Are there any brave warriors here who wish to fight with me, by my side?" She asked the crowd after silence fell upon them once again. She sat eagerly at her thrown, waiting for a response.

4. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Tenebrae was a dark world full of mountains driving into the sky like daggers. The planet orbited a black hole somehow not falling into the abyss. Shadows crawled like living beings across the world slinking and oozing across the floors. The only light on the planet came from the Darkin cities. They grew out of the earth like vines each one built as if to fight a war. The walls of the city seemed to scream silently upon closer inspection the walls were made out of the living shadows that were elsewhere on the planet, they shifted slightly as they tried to escape the pain of being pinned down their screams did not reach the ears but seemed to drive into the stomach.

The Darken were constantly active always training always disappearing into the shadow to other worlds to cause pain and bloodshed. every now and then a Darken would appear again holding a mutilated body grinning as they threw them to the floor ice already beginning to form on the corpses. An observant eye would see the bodies slowly pulled into the earth the bones of the victim skittering along to the walls of the buildings and melding in with the walls blending with them and reinforcing them. the cities of the Darkin were built of pain and death.

Outside the walls the planet was barren only populated by the living shadows and evil dark beasts that lived by killing anything that wasn't themselves. The Darkin were barely evident outside the walls apart from the scattered bones of those that had failed their final test to become a warrior and adult, The Darkin had no place for weakness only the strong survive.

Umbra had survived he had passed every test and every chalange before him with strengh and honor. He sat in his house sharpening his blades staring into them deeply he didn't want this life. He stood and strapped his blades upon his forearms the dark metal glinting evilly "Only the strong survive" he walked out of his house and headed to the House of the Dead where the cities council sat.

Umbra stood before the council 5 old thin Darkin the rarest of their kind powerful dark mages who could rip the fabric of worlds apart. He stood with his head high and uttered the fatal words "I am not Legion" the mages regarded him silently for a minute then stood unanimously and surrounded him each whispered a word one after the other "Pain" "Blood" "Reaping" "Darkness" "Death", each word accompanied by a wave of pain driving Umbra to his knees. The oldest among them gestured with one finger and his blades disappeared reappearing on the mages arms, he reached down and slashed deep into Umbras chest two diagonal cuts forming an X in his flesh. The mage gestured again and the blades appeared back on Umbras arms. The mage leaned in and whispered in his ear "We take your Pride, We take your Brothers, We take your name you are forever Fallen, You are cast out you will fight every day and yearn to kill." The newly named Fallen gasped as the curse set in and the world began to fade around him the shadows taking him.

------------------------------------------------------
    A few years later...
    ------------------------------------------------------

Fallen stood in the shadows of the great hall listening to the fighting of these who called themselves warriors, He frowned deeply these were not Legion. The queen at least had the air of command about her she was or could become a great warrior if she had the strengh. her voice echoed through the hall "EVERYONE! SHUUTTT UPPPP!!!!" Her speech was strong and Fallen could see the people gaining strengh from her words.

"Are there any brave warriors here who wish to fight with me, by my side?"

Fallen began to move his feet barely making a sound moving like a dancer. The crowd in from of him shivered and looked back fear coming into their eyes they parted before him as he walked to the queen. One man stepped out and stood in front of him "You will not hurt our queen shadow daemon" Fallen cocked his head to the side looking at the man like he was a child. The man swallowed his fear and stood straighter Fallen smiled and whipped out his arm hitting the man with the blunt of his blade the man was knocked into the air his metal chest plate shattering to pieces, he and slammed into a pillar cracking the marble behind it.

The rest of the crowd practically fled to the side allowing him passage. Fallen looked up at the Queen sitting on her throne "Im a warrior my lady that's all i am, i will fight for you and kill your enemies, allow me blood and death and i am yours." whispers began to roar among the crowd along with a few shouts of disapproval. Fallen turned slowly and stared at the crowd with his onyx eyes they instantly quieted and he turned back to the queen.

5. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Queen Rylencia's eyes darted over to the man that had been sent into the air by just the blunt of this captivating warrior's blade. Slowly, she returned her gaze to this astonishing warrior before her. She had heard of this man, this being cast out from his own world. A world that the Xelphoid dare not touch. "Your name, my warrior? What is your name?" She asked, slowly standing up once again, peering down at the man. She didn't give him much time to reply.

"Could you really be the one I've heard stories of? The Darken warrior cast out because of his lack of unadulterated ruthlessness?" She whispered, her eyes fixed to his, she bent down to him, now eye level, grasping one of his gloved hands. She closed her eyes, her psychic abilities allowing her only a glimpse into the mind of a Darken. After a second her eyes shot open and sparkled. "You are he. You are that warrior. And yes, you will fight with me." She told him while releasing his hand, giving him the warmest smile she could have ever smiled at a soul so dark by birth.

6. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

"No, Queen Rylencia! He is a Darken! He isn't welcome here!" Growled a Gorboch, drawing his blade. "Fight me, Darken! I'll show our Queen that yo-"

The Gorboch's attempt at a fight was quick thwarted as Queen Rylencia lifted her hand and sent his blade through his own chest. "We are not here to fight one another. We are here to work together. Is this understood?!" She yelled. The Grand Hall fell silent again.

7. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Fallen looked at the queen as she touched his hand strange not many willingly touched his flesh. "You are he. You are that warrior. And yes, you will fight with me." the queen smiled at him and he nodded silently.

"No, Queen Rylencia! He is a Darken! He isn't welcome here!" Growled a Gorboch, drawing his blade. "Fight me, Darken! I'll show our Queen that yo-"

The Gorboch's attempt at a fight was quick thwarted as Queen Rylencia lifted her hand and sent his blade through his own chest. "We are not here to fight one another. We are here to work together. Is this understood?!" She yelled. The Grand Hall fell silent again.

Fallen growled low in his through, as the queen killed the man. He turned to her looking into her eyes with his, his eyes glinting with anger "Queen do not do that again a challenge must be answered and fought. Robbing a Darkin of their pray steals their honor. I will not allow it again." Fallen kneeled on the floor and raised his arms fanning his blades up behind him like dark wings, each cut a small slice on his back through a pair of scars that had obviously been cut many times before. Black oil like blood dripped down his back, Fallen whispered the five pact words "Pain" "Blood" "Reaping" "Darkness" "Death", The queen felt a strange weight settle over her and dissipate. Fallen stood and waited next to the throne.

8. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

The Queen watched Fallen, intrigued by his every move.

"Queen do not do that again a challenge must be answered and fought. Robbing a Darkin of their pray steals their honor. I will not allow it again."

Queen Rylencia nodded, her face expressionless, as she turned back to the gathering. "Is there no else who will stand with us, by our side?" She cried out, waiting, hoping... But, before her plea could be answered, the ground began to rumble and the walls of The Grand Hall began to shake. She knew what this was.. This was an approaching Xelphoid army.

Queen Aries looked at her hand maiden, Jesipee, who's bright eyes were wide with terror. Jesipee was only a few years younger than Aries, and her very best friend. "Run, Jesipee, fetch my armor. I fight these cowards head on!" She roared, her eyes narrowed.

Jesipee shook her head, the Hall was in chaos with screaming aliens and their beasts, preparing for battle. The walls were starting to crumble. "B-But, my Qu-Queen!" She cried, the rumbling ground bringing her to the floor. The Queen gathered Jesipee up without hesitation. "Nevermind, my friend, I will get it myself. Go with the rest of the Castle staff and hide yourself within the underground trenches. You will be safe there. Follow the trenches and they will carry you to Cargon Sea. I will meet you there. I will be there, alive! Now, go!" Aries demanded, shoving her friend towards the group of fleeing castle staff.

The Queen looked over to the Darken. The rest of the scrambling aliens had already made it outside to the court yard where thunderous blasts from the horns of warrior rung from the Xelphoid army. "Fallen," She cried out to him through the falling pieces of ceiling and crumbling walls, her eyes full of determination as well as fear. "I must retrieve my armor." She told him as she pulled off the heaviest layer of her Royal Gown, leaving only her petty coat on. Without waiting for a reply, she dashed out of the Great Hall and headed towards the Armory where her glorious armor awaited her.

9. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Fallen

Fallen stood watching the queen and her crowd, The floor began to shake and the anticipation set in. The assorted aliens scrambled out of the hall. He sneered as he saw the disorganization. The queen spoke to her handmaiden briefly and turned to him "Fallen," She cried out to him through the falling pieces of ceiling and crumbling walls, her eyes full of determination as well as fear. "I must retrieve my armor." the queen disappeared, Fallen cracked his neck on both sides smiling feeling the deep music of death begin. He stepped into the shadows and they began to shift enfolding him like a lover, within a minute he was gone.

He stepped out of the shadows onto the wall staring out onto the oncoming army 500 meters from the wall he looked down the ranks the archers were not firing he looked at their bows, 300 meter at most. Fallen exhaled annoyed he looked to the guard on his left "Your spare axe" the guard looked down to his belt and handed the thing over trembling. Fallen ran a thumb along the blade "A good axe" he raised his arm and flicked his arm forward. The axe spun through the air arching high up and curling in a low curve. It began to drop out of the air towards the advancing army. The blade buried itself into the shoulder of a mammoth man in the front line. He looked down at the blade stupidly then fell to the floor dead. The soldier looked at Fallen his eyes wide "400ft with an axe, good shot" Fallen looked down at him "I missed, i was aiming for his head, Get your archers firing" the man disappeared quickly. Fallen stood on the wall waiting for the queen.

10. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Queen Rylencia

Queen Rylencia dashed through the rumbling and shaking corridors of the alien palace in a mad race to her armor. Panicking staff members and various Dehjzarians ran rampantly through the castle, looking for escape. Aries wished to help them but it was more important for her to reach her glorious armor.

And then suddenly, a tall and terrifying looking Xelphoid soldier appeared before her. They massive creatures had gotten in. "Going somewhere, queenie?" He belched with a toothy smirk, reaching for his electric shock-rod. Queen Rylencia narrowed her eyes, pulled a dagger from the holster attached to her leg and picked up her running speed. Most of the Xelphoid were very large...but they were blunderous and slow.

The soldier gasped, fumbled faster, but failed to find the shock-rod before Queen Rylencia had time to run to him, slide under his gut and stab the dagger through his stomach. He fell to the floor, green blood gushing from the stab wound. Aries got back up to her feet and continued on to the armory, which had yet to be found by Xelphoids.

She walked up briskly to the stainless armor. She kissed her chest plate gently before sliding herself into the power and beautiful armor. After full clad, she glanced over at her parents's tattered armor. A tear slid from the corner of her eye for her slain parents. "I won't let you down.." She promised, kissing their chest plates as well before grabbing her sword and heading back to the battle.

11. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sundrid Artanis

Never waltz into a mine,
    Unless there’s something good to find.
    - Miner’s Proverb​

[HR][/HR]

Sundrid was impressed by how easily he was able to pick-pocket one of the members of the crowed earlier, before all of this bloody chaos broke loose. He slumped behind a shrouded doorway as the queen went on and on about ‘freedom’ and ‘setting aside differences.’ He pilfered through the bag, only to find it was full of rusty knives, oily rags, and scraps of food. No wonder the guy didn’t notice it was gone; he was probably looking for someone to take it off of his hands.

Sundrid looked up after tossing the bag aside. He stayed in the shadows, but watched as the crowd gasped and fell silent to the sight of a strange person approaching the queen. ”No, Queen Rylencia! He is a Darken!..” Sundrid had only heard ghost stories of these people: horrible, relentless killers, and loyal only to those who’d throw them into the pits of battle. Sundrid made a note to try and avoid this character as much as possible. Not because he looked unfriendly, which he did, but that was never a real issue with Sundrid, but because this Darken was looking for trouble, while Sundrid was not.

He also noticed how young the queen was. She couldn’t be over twenty, and still had a somewhat baby-ish face. Her voice though. Her voice was that of a true queen. It was commanding, powerful, and well-thought. Sundrid made a note (Before the chaos broke loose) to avoid her as well. Queens were usually trouble, and Sundrid was only here to take a few unwanted items off of the generous noblemen’s hands. Most of his plans changed however, when the floor started to rumble and the smell of a good fight was in the air. That smell, unsurprisingly, is very similar to that of an outhouse.

It was difficult for Sundrid to see anything while people were running around frantically, but he saw the queen flee through a doorway further into the palace. At first following her seemed like a bad move, but the more he thought about it, the more it made sense that fighting alongside this sensible girl would give him a bigger chance at survival than going it alone against these Xelphoids and a loose Darken. So he followed her, watched as she took down this ogre of a thing (Which, he assumed, was a Xelphoid) and then stood near her doorway and listened as she put her armor on. ”I won’t let you down..”

As he heard her walking out of the room, he appeared in the door-way, which gave her a bit of a start. “Hello,” he said, “This is quite the party…”

12. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Queen Aries Rylencia

At the surprising sight of this particular kind of stranger, Aries nearly dropped her sword. She had never seen a human in real life but for a brief moment when she was a much younger girl. His presence puzzled her but she was willing to make allies.

The walls still rumbled around them as Queen Aries stared at the man for a moment, shifting in her armor. "Yeah, and this party has just began." She said, her eyes full of anxiousness.

She began running again, clutching her sword firmly in her hands as she ran. "Come human, follow me!" She called out to him. The walls were beginning to crumble around them. She headed out the Main Gates to the outside Court Yard of the palace.. in which was already stained with various colors of blood. She looked back at the strange man briefly. "You came here to fight, no?" She asked with a smirk as she found herself in a blade-to-blade combat with a Xelphoid.

13. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sundrid Artanis

She danced with a flurry of steel in a magnificent display of unchoreographed brilliance. Everything was slow as she clashed with the Xelphoid in battle, and Sundrid was focusing on her so hard that he barely noticed a Xelphoid coming right at him. It knocked him onto his back. As it swung a club to smash down on Sundrid, he quickly rolled to the side, drew a side-arm from his jacket and began to fire. It took a few rounds to the chest, but the Xelphoid fell much like any other creature would. “Actually!” he yelled over the noise, “No! But I guess I have to, don’t I?”

He holstered his side-arm and withdrew an M-1114, a mid to long range semi-automatic rifle with a wood stock and fore grip and 32 round ballistics magazine. Sundrid didn’t believe in laser or ion weaponry. He adjusted his sights quickly to the situation. There was a Xelphoid blundering up behind the queen, but its hard skull was destroyed with one well placed shot from Sundrid’s rifle.

Sundrid had fell two enemies. Queen Aries, whom had been dancing about all of this time in close combat with these things, with nothing but a sword, had fell thirteen. Sundrid was impressed. “I bet..” he took a shot at another Xelphoid - Three down, “That I’ll have more kills when this is over! Do you do this for a living?” he said, chuckled, and scoped the area for approaching baddies.

14. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Queen Aries Rylencia

Sundrid's display of skill and slight-of-hand was also quite intriguing to the young alien queen. His mastery of the use of traditional human weaponry was seen little on her planet and she found it captivating.

Aries grinned as the Xelphoid fell down behind her at the hand of Sundrid and his rifle. She liked how well he proved himself to be a worthy fighter.

“I bet.....That I’ll have more kills when this is over! Do you do this for a living?” Sundrid said with a chuckle as he scoped the area for approaching baddies. In the midst of Sundrid's question, Aries leaped off of the ground, aimed her blade down as she fell a-top the back of a Xelphoid, slowly slicing down against his spinal cord, causing him to keel over instantly. She recovered from the jump, both feet on the ground. She wiped Xelphoid blood from her face and shook her head at Sundrid. "No. I do this for peace." She told him, pulling her blade from her previous victim's back and plunging it into the forehead of another approaching soldier. Her soft pink hair was soon drenched in blood, hues of greens, reds, and blues.

She looked back over at her new ally. "Seems... -what's the word you humans use?- Oh! Ironic." She grinned, slashing through the foot soldiers with her enormous sword.

15. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sundrid Artanis

“One by one they were all becoming shades. Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age,” Sundrid said quoting the old Human writer James Joyce, “Or so they say, right?”

Sundrid enjoyed this banter. Despite the brutality of the scene, the situation seemed to be gay and merry. All until a surprisingly sly Xelphoid got the drop on him from behind, knocked his gun away, and tackled him to the ground. What ensued was an intense hand-to-hand combat where Sundrid was fiercely over-powered. A six-foot human against an 8 or 9 foot beast is no contest. Despite the blows he did get against the Xelphoid, it never seemed to faze it, and when it thrust its fists into Sundrid’s side and face they were sent with such force the you could hear a slap and see bruises actively forming. Sundrid kept fighting though, looking for a way out. He didn’t know for sure, for his krav maga teachings were specifically designed for human opponents, but he put his money on this Xelphoid having human like genitalia. He kicked up in between the legs of his attacker, who keeled over in pain and yelled. Apparently he was vulnerable from that angle. This gave Sundrid enough time to dart away, but the Xelphoid was up and running soon after.

“Ahh help, help, helphelphelpHELP!” he yelled as he ran along the battlefield with a giant alien chasing after him.

16. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Queen Aries Rylencia

Aries had smiled at Sundrid's quote. She had never heard this human writer's words before, but she took a liking to what Sundrid had said.

For a moment, the queen was wrapped up in carnage and slaughter until she heard Sundrid's cry for help. Swiftly, she sliced the throat of her current opponent and then looked over to the alien monster chasing the human. She smirked as she rose her gloved hand in the air, her outstretched palm aimed towards the Xelphoid. Instantly, her eyes washed over a neon green color as she sent a wave of forceful energy from her palm towards the alien soldier, sending him flying across the court yard into a thick brick wall. She grinned yet again in Sundrid's direction before unsheathing her sword once again. "Perks of being an alien, I suppose." She said, matter-of-factly. Sure, she was a queen with a lot on her plate.. but she was still a teenager. And, she was more than able to find the fun in chaos.

17. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sundrid Artanis

“Perks of being an alien, I suppose.”

“You suppose?” said Sundrid as he fell to the ground, gasping for air. He managed to cough out some more words, “That was… Well, to say the least, incredible. And thanks.”

Sundrid stood up (Slowly) and clutched his side. He lifted his shirt to see the damage: a large bruise of the darkest hue the length of his torso on either side. They were sensitive now, but nothing too terribly bad. Later though, he knew, the pain would be incredible. He jogged slightly over to the place he left his rifle and slung it over his back. He then proceeded to put his messenger bag down to rummage through it for a vial. Inside the vial was a clear liquid. “My own remedy,” he said as he caught queen Aries staring at it, “It helps the blood clot inside so the bleeding stops, and also gives my cells a bit of a boost so everything heals faster.” He drank the substance with a wince; it tasted like moon-shine and bat piss. “It’s quite tasty, actually..” he said and chuckled at his own sarcasm.

Everything seemed to be calming down a bit in their immediate area, so he took a seat only for a moment to catch his breath. “Well…” he said, pausing as he looked around, “I’m up to twenty-three.” Sundrid grinned and winked at the queen, which was probably very insulting, but he figured he would be pardoned this one time, “How many kills do you have?”

18. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Queen Aries Rylencia

“How many kills do you have?” The human had asked the queen as she was pulling her blade from the chest of a wrething Xelphoid on the ground. She wiped her brow after again re-sheathing her sword. "One doesn't take pleasure in their killings if you are from my country, from my region." She told him, using her telekinesis power to use a tree to crush some soldiers who were already dying. "But.. I'm presuming somewhere in the 50's range." She told him with a smile, returning the wink he had given her so boldy.

The Xelphoids were beginning to fall back, defeat was imminent for them. The queen watched them scurry about as a loud horn sounded from a distance. "They're being called back.. for now.." Aries whispered, holding her sword over her shoulder. "But.. they will return for me." She said coldly, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the blood from her blade.

Her eyes darted around at the debris. The Xelphoid had destroyed her home, her castle...and her family.

19. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sundrid Artanis

“Hey…” said Sundrid as he saw the queen’s eyes. He stepped closer, stood at her profile as he stared at her face, “I’m sorry.”

Sundrid then turned away, looking about him at all of the destruction. He wanted to say something that would change the mood, but in the case of a young queen’s palace, surrounding countryside, and world all being mostly destroyed, he figured nothing could really help. So he stayed silent, standing there with her.

A man in uniform ran up to the queen, battered. He was a messenger, or runner, was Sundrid’s impression. He stood at attention and saluted the queen. She nodded, and he spoke, “The Xelphoid army is retreating back into the other regions. We’ve been hit hard – much of the countryside is in tatters, your majesty. Refugees are on their way to the Cargon Sea and fort Lumini. Your general, Rygil, suggests you go there as well. For safety, your majesty.”
    Sundrid watched and listened. This was generally where he would leave a situation like this: while anyone he’s made contact with was distracted. Then he could be done with this whole mess. Still, seeing what he saw, and knowing how bravely this teenager of a queen faced her destiny, it made Sundrid’s heart warm. He couldn’t leave this time, not now at least. And for the first time in a long time he felt like he had a purpose.

The messenger ran off with the queen’s reply, and Sundrid said to her, “We should get to know each other, seeing as there’s nothing more bonding than the loss of something you love…” He said this as he thought of Sara, his sister...

20. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Queen Aries had nodded at the messenger. "I will wait until all my countries people have fled and than I shall flee." She said softly, swallowing the lump in her throat.

“We should get to know each other, seeing as there’s nothing more bonding than the loss of something you love…” Sundrid had told the queen, genuinely, as if he were lost in thought. Aries turned to the human, who was only a little taller than she, and looked him in the eyes. Her own eyes glistened with sadness and she turned away once again, peering out in her homeland, now nothing more than a smokey wastleland. She fought back tears. She was just thankful that all her friends had escaped.

"A queen without a kingdom doesn't make very much of a 'queen', now does it?" She whispered to the human, lost in thought. She slowly turned her head to face him. "What is your name, and where have you come from, fighter?" She asked him, wiping away invisible tears.

21. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sundrid Artanis

“A queen’s job is never to rule over the lands of her country, but to be loved in the hearts of her people. You still have your people, Aries,” he said, still pushing the envelope of acceptability by calling her by her first name, which he overheard at the meeting, “So that means you’re still a queen. A damn good one at that.” He paused, and when he saw the slightest micro-smile show itself on her face he continued, “My name’s Artanis. Sundrid Artanis. I’m from an old black and white grey-scale Human colony on the fringe. The kind of place where the sun never shines and the backs of the men are always broken, while the wombs of the women are always filled. I was a bartender, my charisma allowed me to have a more comfortable job than down in the mines, but one day I got all mixed up with a group of very powerful and influential people, and ever since I’ve been chased…” He smiled a bit, looked in the queen’s eyes and told her, “They didn’t make people like you where I’m from. Brave people with real hearts,” his smiled grew smaller, but the corner of his mouth continued to be raised, “There, I’ve told you a bit about me, now it’s your turn.”

22. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Queen Aries Rylencia

Queen Aries had grinned shyly at the man's kind words, for he had added a bit of sunshine to this dark day for the young queen.

Aries sighed softly and sat down on a nearby bench. She gazed silently and reflectively up at the remaining standing Geisha trees that had once lavishly decorated the now desecrated garden. "Well.. up until the first moon of the month, I was just a princess, training in the arts of swordsmanship and the telekinesis power of my species. My parents trained me well for they feared for these present days.." She said somberly, her voice trailing off. She brushed her hair from her eyes and began stripping from her armor. She only wore her armor in battle, for other than battle, she didn't wish to dwell on the merciless bloodshed she has caused and endured. Soon, she was down to her under dress, made of satin and lace of royal purple. Her tired eyes sparkled as the two suns of Millenia slowly began to sink behind the horizon. "My parent's vowed to bring Emperor Rovan Xelpho to his knees...but they were slain by him before they could exact their revenge for what he's done to our planet." She told Sundrid, as she fiddled with the pedals of a flower she had picked up from the ground.

She looked up across the vast amount of bodies strewn all over her court yard. She felt her eyes begin to tear up but she quickly slowed down the tears. "I fear the worst, Artanis.." She whispered, feeling guilty for her words as soon as they left her mouth. "Xelpho will return for me.. and if I am gone.. this whole planet is his." She said quietly, putting her head in her hands. "I don't know if I am ready for this.."

23. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Fallen

Fallen looked over the battlefield and watched the swell and tumble of the troops attacking the city, The army against them was too numerous. The beasts had brought strong seige weapons as well as ladders to scale the walls. Three ladders were already up and the defending troops pushed back along the wall. There was no way to defend this city for much longer. He nodded grimly to the Sargent next to him "Defend as best you can then retreat to the second walls evacuate the lower city". Fallen stepped back and dissipated into the shadows.

He reappeared next to the queen and a small human he looked the human over slowly then nodded acknowledging his presence "Queen the army is way to numerous i doubt your army will be able to hold much longer. the enemy has already got a few footholds on the wall. I suggest we depart from here with speed."

24. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sundrid Artanis

(Takes place slightly before the post by SpitFyre ^ )

“I don’t think anybody could truly be ‘ready’ to take on the kind of responsibility that was thrust onto you,” Sundrid replied as he took a seat next to her, where he was on a lower piece of earth so he had to look up and her and she down at him, “And you’re not alone.”

Sundrid knelt next to the queen and placed his hand on her shoulder hesitantly. He hung his head as she looked up at him, and then she hung her head also. Sundrid squeezed her should only slightly, so she could feel the embrace; so she could feel the reassurance of something. He took a deep breath, patted her shoulder as he let go and stood up. He held out his hand to her, beckoning her to take it. She looked at him, and he at her with a confidence that he hadn’t had in such a long time. “Queen Aries Rylencia, rightful queen, in my eye, of all of Millenia: I’m a betting man, and I’d put my money on you succeeding. You know, you kinda remind me of myself,” he said at last with a crooked smile and a silent chuckle.

25. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Aries slowly lifted her head from her hands, looked up at Sundrid, took his hand and stood from the bench. She wiped her eyes and smiled. "You are right, Sundrid Artanis. You are right."

The Darken startled her at first but she knew it would be foolish not to heed his words. She gathered up her armor and threw it on her shoulder. Her ideals seemed strange, but still she rather carry her armor than wear it outside of battle. "We must hurry then." She told them as she began to jog, armor and all, towards her hidden entrance to the caves that led out towards the Cargon sea. Blood stains drenched the bottom of her royal under-gown as she ran towards the wooded land.