1. shaddix

shaddix richard simmons prodigy

n00b

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shaddix, Jul 13, 2016.

Hey ya'll. I'm new to writingforums but I have been on a separate similar website for a few years now. Decided to make an account on another writing forums website to network and meet more writers as well as to increase the amount of critiques I can receive on my own pieces.

I mostly like to write poetry and because of that I feel as though I critique poetry the best, however I also enjoy occasionally critiquing short stories.

A little about me... I'm a 20 year old sophomore in college. (However I have been attending college since I was 17.) I am the head editor of my colleges fine arts magazine, which will feature multiple different mediums of art, including creative writing, once it is published this fall. My passion is academia and I hope to get my Ph D and teach English and creative writing classes at a university as well as do editing and publishing of my own writing on the side.

If any of ya'll have any tips on the site or would like to shoot the breeze feel free to message me.

Much loves,
    Lecksi

Oscar Leigh and VynniL like this.
  2. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Warm welcomes Lecksi,

I love people who join and talk of poetry; I'm trying to build an army of poets here so we can defeat all the novel writers. I am writing a novel and I'm not much of a poet, so I'm obviously confused. hehe

There are a lot of wonderful people hanging out at WF; if you spend enough time here you'll eventually be able to identify them. Feel free to spam the WF mascot (@Oscar Leigh).

I look forward to reading your poetry or short stories. But if you're bored, competitive or want to check out the talent, you should head over the the competition area: https://www.writingforums.org/writing-contests/

The poetry one is easy peasy and takes minutes to do.... ;-)

I hope you have fun here!

Linny

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
    shaddix and Oscar Leigh like this.
  3. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Dammit @Oscar Leigh - I was editing out the mean bits about you before you read!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

No offense taken. My door is indeed someone I personally disagree with. Though I'm not sure why you point it out like it means something. :p
    Welcome to the madhouse!:D
    Here's your lovely free uniform;
    Straightjacket for WritingForums.jpg
    Have a beautiful time! :blowkiss:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    shaddix and VynniL like this.
  5. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

And if Oscar's free membership gift stresses you out— well, I'd imagine it will, since typing with it on is pretty much nigh on impossible— there's always the Mental Health Support Thread. Not that I'm insinuating you're as nuts as the rest of us. :D

shaddix, VynniL and Oscar Leigh like this.
  6. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Welcome! I hope Oscar hasn't scared you off (He's lovely really)! Poetry is something I greatly admire but have yet to get a grasp of. Have fun navigating this wonderful site.

shaddix, VynniL and Oscar Leigh like this.
  7. shaddix

Thanks guys! I look forward to exploring all of the numerous forums and participating once I am able to. From what I've seen so far I think I'm going to really enjoy being a part of this community!

8. shaddix

I appreciate the gift, but white's not really my color. Do you have one in black?