1. DRHardin

DRHardin New Member

Guardian to Protagonist

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by DRHardin, Jul 25, 2012.

Hi all, I'm new here and was looking for some input into a problem I've ran into while figuring out characters. While creating the story I realized that my Main character and my protagonist are actually two different people. I think this is a good thing but it also introduced a new problem, the problem being my protagonist was suppose to be my guardian, is it possible for the guardian and the protagonist to be in the same person? I almost feel I need to find a new character to be the guardian so that he can attempt to guide both the Main and Protagonist.

Main Character = Skeptic (Started out protagonist)
    Impact Character = Protagonist (Started out Guardian)

Each of these characters are looking at the same overall problem, but the issues the face are different and I think the guardian is important to help them find the middle ground. I think I'm figuring this out on my own by just presenting the problem I'm facing and leaning towards a new character that is a guardian type character, but for the sake of input and thought, is it possible that the protagonist and guardian are in the same person if it's purpose is to guide the main character?

2. I Am Vague

I Am Vague Active Member

You're going to have to help us out and give us more information on who the "guardian" is and what their purpose is. Maybe also a little info on who the main char and protagonist is.

If sounds like a separate character needs to be created in order to guide the two completely different characters. Still, I'm fuzzy on your efforts.

3. MeganHeld

MeganHeld New Member

I agree, more information is needed. You can have the Guardian be the protagonist, which need just to see how you intend to work with the characters and the way they are more than one or two words.

4. Yuri Strike

Yuri Strike New Member

Agreed with the above, it's a bit confusing.