1. MatrixGravity

MatrixGravity Member

Name of this Job title?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MatrixGravity, Apr 23, 2011.

I was working with my uncle last year, and I was assigned to organize boxes by their labels in order, and do alot of psychical work involving just sorting items and putting them in order on shelves and what not. (This was in an autoparts shop)

I need to know because I have to put this on my resume. Thanks alot..
    Also, whats the difference between Replenishment Associate, and Stock Clerk?
    Thanks again.

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I'm pretty sure there was a typo and you meant "Replentishment" Associate (with a "t")? Not trying to be a stickler, but if you're making a resume you need to be careful with details like that. Um, I've never heard that term before, but it sounds to me like someone who replentishes things, like maybe someone in charge of making sure there's always enough food/drink at events? Stock Clerk makes me think of the people at Publix (or Safeway or whatever your regional grocery store is) who stock items on the shelves.

As far as what you do with your uncle, I'd use a headline like:

"Managed Autoparts Equipment at [name of place here], June -- Aug. 2010 (or whenever you did it) with an impressive-sounding description below.

3. MatrixGravity

MatrixGravity Member

Replentishment? No its replenishment lol. No t in it. But thanks though.

4. martial_wolf

martial_wolf New Member

When all else fails, General Labor.

5. Mallory

Oh, sorry, the spelling mistake was on me. My bad. But good luck with your resume dude.

6. MatrixGravity

MatrixGravity Member

Thanks alot I appreciate it. Since the dunkin donuts job didn't work out, I figured maybe I just don't belong in the... "food industry"? I don't know what to call it lol.

7. Mallory

Yeah man for sure. Props to you for keeping up the hunt for a job.

8. MatrixGravity

MatrixGravity Member

thanks sexy. lol. Im just really tired of my mom having to work day in and day out. I want to do as much as I can to help around here rather then sit on my ass like my friends are doing. Time is precious..

9. Mallory

(Sexy? What????) That's cool that you want to help your mom out. Because the economy is bad, you may have a tough time finding people who are hiring. If this is the case, look to entrepeneurship. I.e. go around the neighborhood mowing people's lawns or something. You'd have to charge a little bit lower than the average price (but not too low) so that they'll choose your business over theirs, and make sure to effectively utilize advertising.

10. MatrixGravity

MatrixGravity Member

That's a great idea but the problem is unfortunately I don't live in the suburbs where its possible to do that. Unfortunately I'm stuck in NY where the only houses that own lawns are in really secluded places with million dollar homes. Stupid NY ):

11. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

The job that you were doing I think would be stock clerk.

EDIT: HEY! Ease up on NY.... :p

12. Mallory

It doesn't have to be mowing lawns then. It could be tutoring kids in some subject you're good at, fixing computers, or any other thing you can provide that others may want/need.

Due to the fact that it's in a big city, you'll have problems with other people's trust. I live in a big city, and there's no way I'd let someone I don't know come into my apartment and fix my stuff while I was gone. So I'd suggest you start with friends, friends of your mom, friends of your friends, etc who can spread the word.

Then again, your city is bigger than mine, so you should have an easier time finding people who are hiring.

13. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

Yeah get creative, or just really flexible. When I do not have a steady job which has been the case for a while now, I just freelance a lot of jobs, dog walking, computer tech, construction, painting, office intern, some small graphic design stuff, tutoring kids, transcribing Spanish documents, whatever. I'll be proletarian for life at this rate, and yeah nyc blows...:(

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

At your uncle's auto parts store, you could call yourself an Inventory Associate. It's accurate enough, and since I think it's a safe assumption your uncle didn't give you a specific title, it should be fine.

15. Mallory

^ That's the best suggestion I've heard thus far.

16. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

That's what I was going to suggest. Cog beat me to it.

17. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Umm... isn't it illegal to work undercutting the going rate, and not paying tax? Especially in France, you'd get 'denounced' to the authorities in a flash...

18. Mallory

You'd prob have to pay tax (Although he'd surely get a tax return), but you can charge whatever price you want.....

19. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Oh, right ... you can't do that here for any kind of teaching, it has to be at least the minimum rate. Since you'll pay tax at least according to that, you're out of pocket if your earnings don't cover the tax properly. And you bet I report people taking students regularly without paying tax ... one or two is acceptable, just, but any more than that is unfair and it makes life harder for the rest of us. Same goes for childminders and hairdressers.