1. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

For the Run-On lovers out there

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Taylee91, Jul 21, 2011.

This game is simple. You, current poster, are to write a run-on sentence to your heart's desire. Make it as long and as crazy-sounding as you want. Just provide a new subject to the next poster. I shall start with the subject:

Fire

Enjoy!

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Flames galloped and whipped into the night sky, lapping at their orange tongues to the fuel around them, causing houses and barns to vanish into the fire's cavernous maws, but not caring that the people were screaming and charred, trying in vain to put out the fire that had been started by the village drunk leaving his smoldering pipe abandoned in the woods, the woods that held dark things.

Goo.

3. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

I sat there, my head turned down staring into the porcelain perfection which once upheld such delights that no man or woman should ever have the heart breaking fortune to glimpse in distruction, but I didn't dwell there in that pitying dispair, no my heart leaped and bounded as I remembered the flush taste of thick rich peanut, and the ooh so sweet nurturing of the grape nectar that was housed in a soft bed of white, Oh pb and j how I miss you!

Love.

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

My entry in the short story contest here has run-ons in it :D

I like what you guys have done here though. Let me think on it...

5. Marranda

Marranda New Member

So in the process of posting my run-on sentence I was struggling to shorten, I managed to break it up into two sentences, and thusly lost my reason for posting :( But here's the original sentence I planned on posting:

Sabby had managed to get the door open, most of her upper body spilling out of the car, when hands like vice grips encircled her ankles, getting jerked back into the car, slamming the door closed as she still had a hold of its handle when she was yanked back in.

Aweful isn't it? Haha! And here's the revision:

Sabby had managed to get the door open, most of her upper body spilling out of the car, when hands like vice grips encircled her ankles and jerked her back inside. She'd slammed the door closed as she still had a hold of its handle when she was yanked back in.

6. Blue_Lotus

Blue_Lotus New Member

hahha my kind of thread! :D LOVE it, oh lets see what I can do here, oh wait I'm doing it now, Lauging to my self here this is non sense but I love it anyway, why did you start this I keep asking myself but I know why because it's funny as, I can't stop writing but for your own safety but you should prolly stop reading now, before it gets really strange, oh wait its too late for that my mistake.

New subject fight with a signifigant other.

7. coffeebeanmachine

coffeebeanmachine New Member

Janette snatched the red-hot frying pan off the stove top, splattering grease and bits of sausage across the kitchen floor where the cat crouched hissing in the corner and Ben lay moaning in a growing pool of blood and dirty dishwater, a perfect metaphor for the state of their relationship, which was about to end as the flying pan hurled toward the back of Ben's delicate, bald head.

Subject: Chopping up carrots in the kitchen of a high-dollar restaurant.

8. Corbyn

Claire believed that nothing beat out frustrations like food prep, and so she took every opportunity to hop into the line and dice, smash, peel, cut, or beat her way through the daily grind, so much so that on this particular occasion she missed her carrot completely and diced off a pinkie instead, it was lucky for her though that she had such a high paying job.

Subject: Epically failing in life.

9. coffeebeanmachine

When the boss called him a sponge-brained, lazy, dumb schmuck, Mike knew he needed to smile and pucker, but he could no longer squelch the boiling anger that caused him to grab the boss by the necktie and yank him across the gigantic mahogany desk with the heavy marble and bronze nameplate that said it all: Dick Wied.

Subject: Changing a tire on a dark country road.

10. Corbyn

There I was, stuck again because my trusty "Old Blue" Chevy had done it again, the darn thing had left me stranded on the side of a road, but not just any road, no, a dark, depressing stretch of Texas dust that had more tumble weeds than any reasonable person could ever use as a christmas tree replacement, and above and beyond all that freaked out none sense from the lack of light, ... Yes you guessed it, I had no spare!

Subject: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

11. coffeebeanmachine

People said Paul was lucky 'cause he had five cars in his garage, but what they didn't know was that every damn one of them was a lemon and gave him nothing but headaches, empty pockets, and busted knuckles, which he often soaked in lemonade to ease the discomfort--a trick his grandmother taught him years ago.

Subject: Rockstar that's scared of loud noises.

12. Corbyn

Liam Jetson had been the lead singer of the world famous band Sprocket for years, it was this position that resulted in Liam being extremely hard of hearing, to correct this problem doctors injected nano mites into the singer's ears which would act as an eardrum, much to the singer horror however the bugs malfunctioned and the singer soon was found jumping at any sound.

Subject: Magical transformation.

13. 281

281 Active Member

One day it started to rain, and it had been so long since we'd seen any that everyone opened their doors and stood there transfixed watching the big fat drops fall from the dark sky and smelling the sweet cool air while the parched ground soaked up every bit and the dry river slowly began to fill and flow into the emtpy lake as the limp grass and dying trees sprang back to life on the Texas plains.

Subject: What is a clown doing here

14. EMSchell2009

EMSchell2009 New Member

I opened the lid of my otoman and reached in to get a movie, I was seriously in the mood for Practical Magice because I just love Stockard Channing and Diane Weist, since I was talking I was totally surprised when my hand touched something springy and clearly made of polyester then I saw the clown; Creepy!

yellow dogs chasing pink bunny rabbits

15. Anonym

Anonym New Member

The yellows dog - perhaps retrievers of some sort - escaped the supervision of their owner - a dour old fellow by the name of Ted - out into the main street of Villageville - where few people take notice of crazy dogs - and from there jumped the fence into the backyard of Mr. Dillard - who kept a small family of prized pink bunny rabbits when his friends were over for poker - and instantly began chasing said bunny rabbits from the back porch to the gazebo at the end of the yard, barking and howling all the while, making the bunnies very scared before their friend Johnny bear came out of the woods and chased and scared those mean old dogs off, out of the yard, across the main street and back into their owner's yard, and then came back to find that his bunny friends had set up a decadent feast for him made from all the scraps of Mr. Dillards food they had been saving for weeks, for just such an occasion even if it was a bit moldy, but Johnny didn't care (he's a bear) and feasted alongside the bunny's happily. The end.

Lost keys

16. Corbyn

IT was a real and rare treasure, it had a yellow body with blue pin stripping and an engine that could go from zero to sixty in less time than it took me to type this sentence, that being said, the only draw back to my nice shiny pretty new toy, were two facts: on one hand it looked like a reject from the flopped out B version of Kill Bill volume three, yes that is right it came complete with the wagon logo, the second draw back being, that the darn key ring was never big enough and so I also inherited the dilemma of never being able to find my keys.

Topic: Lost love.

17. EMSchell2009

EMSchell2009 New Member

Shawn had gone to that abyss where people go when they are swallowed alive by a tepid, tormented, ridiculous, grotesque, woman with a long sallow face and a need to keep him caged from his most caring friends leaving any chance at a lovign caring relationship with a real live woman who loved him for the person he was a pipe dream of whispers andrainbows and chance I had left long ago.

Topic: THe Dog is Home

18. Corbyn

The poor mongrel sat there on his haunches, tongue lolling from the corner of his mouth as he panted in desperation; regardless of how much he squirmed, padded, nuzzled he could find no purchase, he could not make his affections known to his owner no matter how desperately he tried, so in the end the poor pooch did the one thing left to him, he proceeded to hump little Jimmy's leg with a vengeance until his owner promptly put him back outside.

Topic: Favorite TV show

19. Eternity

Eternity New Member

Has it been three weeks, no, I think it may have been longer, I remember when we sat on this couch, arms around each other, watching Glee but barely watching - our hands in places they shouldn't have been, our thoughts on each other, but the characters on the television were distracting and so we turned to the screen and laughed as one character topsy-turvied another, and then the doorbell rang, you said you'd get it and all I knew was there was a gunshot and then the laughter on the screen was mocking me, well Glee became a symbol of terror and death, and my life has been running, running, breathless and empty, ever since that day we sat on the sofa and loved each other once last time, Quinn and Kurt our unjduging witnesses.

Topic: You're Taylor Swift (if you're a girl) or Justin Beiber (if you're a boy) and you don't want something...

20. Drusilla

Drusilla Active Member

I do not know Taylor Swift; I have only heard the name, and I have no idea why I suddenly became stuck in her body.

Next topic: blueberries

21. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

When the smell pierced my senses I could not refrain from envisioning my most recent encounter of the source, a patch of wild blueberries, years fallow and hidden under an oak tree not far from my father's ranch, now nothing more than a memory of a dead planet triggered by the hapless spreading of that rare berry in jam form onto a slice of bread with peanut butter, commodities that may one day too fade into memory.

Ocean Waves

22. Corbyn

I crested the perfectly formed hill picking my way through granualar lumps in the surface, it was a hard climb fraught with danger and plenty of cliffhangers, finally I crested the doughy hill, my finger tips poised to pluck that sweet, juicy, blue perfection from it's cradled embrace, alas by that time I had already finished my muffin and was jonsing for another!

subject: orgasmic chocolate

23. Afion

Afion New Member

When I tasted you, my heart leaped, I had to have you all to myself...so I stole you away.

solar panels

24. jo spumoni

jo spumoni Active Member

La Jolla, CA (and Mission Viejo, CA, during the su
    Upon the rooftops, they were bathed in sumptuous sunshine warm as a mother's love, shimmering like a diamond lost amidst the faded brick tiles, a beacon of warmth and light and electricity.

Fingernails