Tags:
  1. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributing Member Contributor

Nanowrimo help! kind of

Discussion in 'NaNoWriMo' started by GuardianWynn, Aug 13, 2015.

I have a NaNoWriMo idea and I want to write it! But I want to write it now! I don't want to wait!

What do I do! So hard to fight urge!

2. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Haha so make your own NaNoWriMo! Except I think it would be a PerNoWriMo, since it's personal and not national. Set yourself the 50,000 word goal and go for it!

(EDT: you can start a progress journal just for this one and keep track of your word count there, that way you feel you're accountable to us to hit your goal.)

Or, jot down the ideas enough to remind yourself of it and on Nov 1st, let yourself go wild. This is more or less what I'm doing, since I've told myself I'm not allowed to work on a new novel until I've finished this draft of my current one. Everything I come up with I'm tabling, and I will allow myself to explore it for NaNoWriMo.

3. mad_hatter

mad_hatter Active Member

Although I love the idea of NanNoWriMo, you shouldn't let it control you. If you're ready and willing to write now, then do it.

I've always thought of NanNoWriMo as a kick-up-the-butt for people who need an excuse to write. If you have the drive to write, go write. You can't restrict yourself to only writing for one month of the year, right?

4. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributing Member Contributor

I did that though back in April! 50k in 23 days. I timed myself with a personal journal. But the thing is if I don't wait. I will probably be tired come November and then I will miss the offical month! SAD!